Chapter 25

*A/n so if any of you have seen Dallas buyers club I'm picturing the dad to look like Matthew Mcconaughey in that movie but that's just me you can picture him however you want :-)*

Today was the day I would finally meet my father. I got out of bed and got dressed, seeing as it was only ten. I don't know if I was anxious to meet him or to get it over with, but all I know is that the giant lump in my throat probably wasn't going to go away until I was on the plane back to LA. I went downstairs and grabbed a banana from the hotel breakfast before catching a cab.

I stared at the tiny piece of paper in my hands with my fathers address on it. I could just rip it up, forget about this and go home, but deep down I know I couldn't do that. What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he doesn't even care that I'm here at all? In the back of mind I know this was a mistake, but it was too late to back down now. The cab turned into a small development with tiny apartments and duplexes and dropped me off. The driver pulled up to what looked like a small condo.

This was it. Now or never, though I wish I could choose never.

I shakily walked up the drive to the door. This is where he lives? I thought. The house backed up to the woods, and the yard looked like it hasn't been cut in months. I also noticed a small garage door that was all chipped, along with a bunch of weeds covering the door. The doorbell was broken, and there was a sign of duct tape and sharpie marker saying "knock". I furrowed my eyebrows and took a deep breath. The cab driver left a while ago, great, now I really can't back out. I regret not bringing Luke with me. This place really makes me feel unsafe. It looks like the scene of a movie where everyone sells drugs and gets shot.

I make a fist and hold it in front of the door for probably 10 minutes. Just knock, I thought. I let out a shaky breath I hadn't realized I've been holding and carefully knock on the door. I immediately hear a dog bark loudly inside the house. Or maybe it's just the pounding of my heart in my ears. Seconds later the door opens revealing a red-headed curvy, gaudy looking woman in a leopard dress. She looked about 5'4, but the silver stilettos she was wearing made her about 5'7. She was chewing a huge watt of bubblegum from her cherry lipgloss covered lips.

"Who the hell are you?" The woman said. "Um-m hi, my names Alisa. Is Garry Adams here-e?" I stuttered out shakily. She rolled her eyes and screamed in the house. "Garr! Get off your lazy ass! There's a young'n here to see you!" She yelled. She had an accent, somewhere from New York or New Jersey. She strutted away leaving the door open, so I'm taking that as an invitation to let myself in. She came back with a tray of crackers and spray cheese on them. "Wanna snack?" Before I could answer she yelled again. "Garry! What the hell you doin'!" "Jesus Christ woman what do you want!" I heard a voice scream in the distance.

A man about 6 foot with worn down jeans and a dirty wife beater tank top came into where I was standing holding a beer. His hair was on the longer side, but still fairly short and he had a mustache which contained crumbs of some sort of snack he probably ate prior to getting up. The man was disgusting–I couldn't believe that person was my father. "Who the hell is this?" He asked, taking another sip from his beer. "I-I'm Alisa. I'm your daughter" I said just above a whisper. He stared at me for a moment like he had just seen a ghost.

"I don't have a daughter." He spat.

He began to walk back downstairs, but I called after him. "You were married to my mother! Marie Adams!" He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around. "What did you just say?" Shit. Alisa what you thinking, I thought. Why did I mention my mother's name? What if he finds us and tries to hurt her? Or even worse, try to take me like he did my sibling years ago? Wait a minute, where is my sibling? Millions of questions were flooding through my mind. I could feel tears brimming my eyes. This was a huge mistake.