Chapter 38: Part 2

Alisa POV

I finally got home, and I was at a complete loss for words. I texted James after I ran away from Luke apologizing and saying I left.

I got back to my room in tears and took a shower because I was a disgusting mess. I was sweaty, my hair was a mess, I had mascara down my face–the literal definition of a hot mess.

I left the bar at around 11:30 and it was now nearly 1 am. I'm glad Hadley is out of town because otherwise she'd make me start talking, and that  conversation is a whole other bridge I'm not ready to cross yet.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth before getting ready for bed. I was just about to get comfortable when I heard a knock.

I thought maybe it was my neighbors door as the walls in our building were very thin, but when the knocking sounded again I realized it was my door.

Who the hell is at my door at 1 in the morning? I thought.

My first thought was James coming to check on me, but when I opened the door I was clearly mistaken.

There stood the tall blonde boy I knew and loved. He looked like he had been crying, which broke my heart.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, "and how did you know where I lived?"

"Can we please talk" Luke said, looking at his feet ignoring my questions.

"Luke it's late, you should–" I started to say closing the door, but he stopped me.

"Please. Just listen to me" Luke practically begged pushing the door back open.

I gave in, stepping aside.

"Look, I'm not here to give you some long speech about how we should get back together" he started, "I just want to say I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I made you choose between me and coming here, and I'm sorry I'm a giant mess that has to ruin everything and that it's the last thing you need right now but I mean it when I say, this mess loves you endlessly. I'm not sorry for falling in love with you Alisa Adams."

A tear fell down his cheek as well as mine and I couldn't help but believe what he was saying was sincere.

"I never stopped loving you. I've loved you since the minute I knocked you over in that arena." He said chuckling through his tears.

I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my face.

"I don't know what you want me to say" I said.

"Tell me you still love me. And if you don't then I promise I won't bother you anymore. I'll leave and be out of your life forever. Just say yes or no" he said.

Of course I still loved him. I'm always going to love him, but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

"Yes or no" he whispered.

Again, no words came out. I was crying so hard whenever I opened my mouth to speak only cries came out.

"Ok" he said just below a whisper. He brushed past me opening the door, looking at me one last time.