Chapter 19

I was woken the next day to Luke peppering kisses all over my face. I scrunched my nose and giggled "good morning to you too". He leaned over and gently gave me a kiss. "Thank you for last night" he said smirking against my lips. I smiled, remembering last nights events. "Thank you" I whispered.

I went to get up, but he pulled me back down. "Stayyy" he whined. "I have to shower" I said mimicking his tone. He pouted out his lip. "Fine, but only if I can join you". I raised my eyebrows. "Didn't you get enough?" I teased. "I can never get enough of you" he said tugging the bottom of his shirt I threw on last night. "You're lucky you're so good".

I held my fingers up air-quoting 'so good'.  "I heard how good you thought it was princess; I'm sure all the neighbors did as well" he said with a wink.

I pushed him down on the bed and ran into the bathroom, but wasn't fast enough because seconds later he pushed open the door with his hand and began tickling my waist.

"Ah! I screeched. "Stop! Luke I-I can't breathe!" I said in between fits of laughter. He didn't stop; instead he tackled me to the bathroom floor. "Luke! Please!" I screamed, still unable to speak due to my constant laughing. 

"Say Luke is the sexiest guy in the world and I want to make love to him him forever and ever" he laughed against my neck. "Never!" I croaked out. "I guess I can't stop then". I couldn't take it anymore. "Fine! Luke is the sexiest guy in the world now stop!"  "And?" "And I want to make love to him forever and ever!"

He finally stopped, and pulled me up so I was almost straddling him. "I love you" he said pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I love you more. I still need to shower though" I said. "Can I still join you?" I smiled, rolling my eyes and got off the floor. We stripped ourselves of the little clothing we actually had on, and stepped in the shower.

This was only the second time now he saw me naked, but I didn't feel self conscious. Luke always made me feel beautiful. I saw him staring at me as I washed my body.

It wasn't a look of lust, or desire. It was a look of love-complete, absolute love. "What?" I questioned.

He just shook his head and smiled. "You're so god damn breathtaking". My insides felt like they were doing somersaults in my stomach. I will never understand how I got this lucky.

I know I say or think that a million times a day, but if I knew how I'm the one who ended up with him, I wouldn't have to. I must have done something right in my life.

I wrapped my arms around him and felt the warm water droplets drip down his chest. He almost instantly returned the action. "Don't ever leave me" I whispered. "The universe would have to fight me first."

I don't know how long we stayed like that but I wish it would have lasted forever. Once we were both dressed and dried off, we laid back in bed. "Wanna watch a movie?" he asked.

Before I could answer, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it" I told Luke. I figured it was either Amanda or one of the boys, but when I went downstairs and opened the door, my stomach nearly dropped to the floor.

My eyes widened and I felt my breath hitch a little. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I just wanted to talk". I couldn't believe the very guy who practically asked for himself to be out of my life was standing at my doorstep saying he "just wanted to talk".

The sad part is, he was a guy whom I once called my best friend. "Babe?" I heard Luke say from the top of the stairs. Oh no. "Who's at the d-" he stopped in his tracks once he saw who it was.

I could see his jaw begin to clench as he stared at Chris dead in the eyes. "What's he doing here". He didn't even say it as a question. "He just wants to talk" I quietly mumbled, trying not to make eye contact with either of them. "Wants to talk!?" Luke said slightly raising his voice. "Why so he could continue to tell you how awful I am for you?"