Chapter 4

The next day in school, I couldn't concentrate at all. All that was on my mind was this contest. What if we actually won? What if I would actually get to see 5sos in person?

I tried to not get my hopes up because I know it's a one in a million chance, but there's still a tiny sliver of hope in me that believes there's a chance. The bell for lunch rings and I meet Amanda and Chris. For the past 2 days all we've talked about is the contest.

Poor Chris, I really don't know how he handles being around us sometimes. "I just don't get why you're both so obsessed with these dudes. I mean what's so great about them anyway". Oh he did not just go there.

"You don't understand, those "dudes" are the most talented, amazing, greatest people on the planet, don't even try and argue with me. And besides you're the one to talk, you and your precious sports". The remainder of lunch was spent arguing about what and who's better.

After school Amanda came over to do our weekly study-jam sessions. "Cause we wanna find love in different cities" I hummed along to the music as I did my homework. "So, we should probably go shopping for new outfits to wear to the concert".

"Amanda we're not going to win. Let's just get it through our heads". "You don't know that...we could. "Yes but that's a very low possibility. All I'm saying is we shouldn't raise our expectations". "Whatever, I still think we're gonna win". Clearly, I'm being the practical one here.

I love her, but sometimes she needs a serious brain readjustment. It would be my actual dream come true, but I'm trying to think realistically here. I pushed my thoughts aside and continued my work.

Shortly after, Amanda left and I decided to take a hot shower. I always took a shower or bath whenever I needed to decompress. The past couple days my thoughts have been consuming my brain. The hot water felt so good. I had to have stood there for a good 20 minutes because my hands were starting to get wrinkly.

I got out, put on my pajamas, and climbed into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I saw him from across the room. I couldn't help but stare at his beauty. The way his eyes crinkled, the way his lips were partly separated. Every single crevice of his face I was infatuated with.

He looked at me with a smirk. I didn't even look away when he saw me staring, I couldn't. He was a sea of mystery and lust and I was drowning. He started to make his way over to me. 'What's your name?' Alisa. 'That's a beautiful name, Alisa' The way my name sounded rolling off his tongue was like music to my ears.

He leaned in, closer and closer. Before I knew what was happening his lips were on mine. The warmth of his mouth against mine felt like heaven. His soft lips moved in sync with mine. I must be dreaming. This can't be happening.But it felt so real, and in that moment nothing else in the world existed.

With every kiss I was falling deeper and deeper into his trap. Every touch sent a wave of chills down my spine. If he was a disease I never wanted a cure. If he was darkness I never wanted to see again. But he was disappearing. His angelic features were fading before my eyes. 'Wait.. C-Come back... Come ba–

And with that I was startled awake. There I was, awake in my bed. It was just a dream. "Just a dream" I whispered to myself, as if it could ever possibly be real. It wouldn't be the first time I've dreamt of Luke.

In fact, its become normal. It all felt too good to be true. I couldn't fall back asleep so I went downstairs to get some water. I didn't want to wake my mom, so I tried to be as quiet as possible. I filled a glass and turned on the TV. There wasn't much on at 2:30 am.

I watched an old rerun of How I Met Your Mother before tiptoeing back upstairs. There was no way I was going to get up for school tomorrow. I got back in bed and lay there thinking. Maybe Amanda could be right, maybe this could be my chance.

Who am I kidding...it's never going to happen. I'm never going to get a chance to meet or even see them. I live in an imaginary world where I actually think I have a chance. But I'm just fooling myself. At least I have my dreams.

Sorry this is a short chapter but something exciting happens in the next one....hmmm 😏