Chapter 35

Luke POV

It's been 2 weeks since we've been on tour. I thought touring and performing shows would get my mind off Alisa, but boy was I wrong. I forget lyrics, mess up riffs, sometimes I even blank out on stage because I can't get my mind off her. I miss her like hell.

Questions haunted my mind.

Does she miss me as much as I do? Was she ok? What was she doing?

And of course the question of who was she doing made me sick to my stomach. I crinkled my face in disgust and pushed away the thought of someone else's filthy hands all over her.

"5 minutes boys!" Dave, our security guard yelled into our dressing room doorway.

I leaned my elbows on my knees and rubbed my eyes with my hands. I let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes for a moment.

I felt the couch dip down by another body and Michael's familiar voice. "You can't keep going on like this man. It isn't healthy."

I rolled my eyes slightly and leaned back on the couch. All I've been hearing from everyone the last 14 days is "you have to move on" or "this isn't good for you"

Blah. Blah. Blah. As if it were that easy.

"She's everything Michael" I whispered. "I can't just forget about her like it was nothing."

"2 minutes!" Dave yelled.

"You really think she's still going to feel the same way in five months? After you walked out on her and broke her heart?" Michael said carefully choosing his words.

"I don't fucking know!" I shouted. "But I can't give up on her. I won't."

Michael shook his head as if trying to tell me I'm ridiculous. "I don't know Luke." He said running his hands through his hair and walking out of the room.

I stood there for a moment before picking up my guitar and proceeding to join the rest of the boys to go on stage.

"I won't." I whispered to myself once more before leaving the dressing room.

Alisa POV

Today was my first official day of classes, and I have to admit I was more nervous than a chihuahua. I decided to put on a pair of black jeans with a cardigan and booties.

I loved New York, but I missed my California weather more than anything.

"Hadley, I'm going!" I yelled through the bathroom door. I couldn't quite hear over Green Day blasting but I think she said 'okay' so I took that as my chance to leave.

I got my schedule out from my bag that told me what building my first class was. Thankfully it wasn't too far; I could walk.

Once I was sure I had the right building I walked inside but a voice startled me causing me to jump.

"Sorry" the voice laughed who I now knew belonged to James. He flashed me a big smile and held open the door.

"Hey" I said smiling back. "English 1?"

He nodded and we walked to class together. The classroom was a lot bigger than I imagined. Immediately my self consciousness kicked in and I wanted to crawl into a shell like a turtle.

"Wanna sit together?" He asked not looking at me. I nodded my head, still looking around classroom–which looked more like a courtroom than a classroom–in awe.

There were still a few minutes until class started as the professor wasn't even here yet. Everyone just sat talking and chatting amongst themselves about plans for later and what parties were this weekend.