Chapter 24

"Babe, are you sure this is a good idea?" Luke asked. I was currently packing a small suitcase to go see my father. I did some research and found out he lives about 2 hours away in San Diego. "Yes. I need to do this" I replied. "You sure you don't want me to come?"  "Luke I already told you, I'll be fine. You have too much to do here." I reassured with a small smile.

He came over and wrapped his arms around my waist, while resting his chin on the top of my head. It was moments like this I really loved our height difference. "I know, but I'm worried about you. What if you get hurt? Or get in an accident? Or someone tries to kidnap you? Or-I cut him off before he can say anything else. "Relax baby you're overthinking, it's just three days I'm going to he fine". I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him softly. "Can I at least help you pack?" I smiled and gave him a small nod. I gave him one more quick kiss before returning to my packing.

Im not going to lie, I'm nervous about doing this. I know it's a huge risk to take, but I need to know if my moms intentions were true or not. I need to see him for myself. I grabbed a big pile of clothes and threw them in the suitcase. I didn't bother folding cause your bag gets thrown around anyway. I heard a faint chuckle from the bed. "I thought you said it's only three days? You look like you're packing for three weeks" Luke said.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "I never know what I'm gonna need, and who knows maybe I'll stay" I said smirking. "That's it now I'm really not letting you go". I crawled up on his lap so I was straddling him. "I'm kidding, relax. You can't get rid of me if you wanted to" I said kissing his jaw, and then neck. "Good" he replied.

He rolled us over so he was on top of me and began kissing behind my ear. "You've been at it all day" he mumbled between kisses. "I think you need a break" he smirked. I smirked back and began tugging at the bottom of his shirt. He pulled it over his head, along with mine. Before long we were both panting messes. "Ok, break time over" I tried to untangle myself from his grasp but he was too strong, and I ended up falling back down. "Don't leave me" he whined dragging out the 'e'. "But I need to finish, besides the faster I get done the more cuddle time I have later" I winked.

I quickly put my clothes back on and continued where I left off. Luke left the room, probably to go play video games or do whatever teenage guys do. I finally finished packing and went to get in the shower when my phone buzzed.

Mom- I know I'm the last person you want to talk to right now but sweetheart you're making a bad decision, and as your mother it's my job to keep you safe. Please listen to me, please don't get on that plane. You're father is a dangerous man.

My heart fell to my stomach. How did she find out I was going anywhere? And more importantly, how did she know I was planning on seeing my father? The only person who knew about this was other than myself was Luke.

Luke.

He told my mother. I didn't know whether to be angry or not, but the way I was storming out of our bedroom into the living room told me I was. Luke was sitting playing video games. I picked up the remote and turned the TV off. "Hey, what was that for?" "Why the hell did you tell my mother my plans!?" I screamed.

He sighed and looked down into his lap. So it was true; he was the one who told her. "Alisa she needs to know what you're getting yourself into!"

"That's not yours to tell! How could you do that to me!?" I yelled. "She's your mother!" He screamed back. "I don't care how mad you are at her or what family issues you have going on she needs to know where you are!"
"I can't even believe you right now!" I screamed.