Chapter 1: HTine Bound

Characters:
Jakiyah- brown skinned, natural hair(big Afro; 4B hair type), skinny w/ a butt, small waist, 3 tattoos, tongue piercing. Senior in high school, quiet, shy, from Atlanta

Trae- (Trill Sammy) caramel skin tone, curly small fro, a lot of tattoos too many to count, he has a bottom grill that he wears most of the time but not all the time, about 6'-6'3. Senior in high school, drug dealer, flirty, outgoing, well known

Sydney: light skinned, short cut hair(like Dej Loafs), braces, glasses, short and thick. Friendly, outgoing, sweet, senior in high school. Becomes close friends with Jakiyah.

Mike: Traes best friend, dark in skin color, gangster type, Junior in high school, tall, scrawny

(I'm going to add more characters as I go along) 

The car ride from Atlanta to Houston is long as hell. 11 hours and 27 minutes to be exact. We're stopping in Shreveport, Louisiana for a while to visit some family before we hit our new home, H town. I hate that we had to move to Houston because of my moms job. I was just starting to fit in in Atlanta. But maybe I can get a new start in Houston.

Oh yeah, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Jakiyah (Juh-ki-yuh). I'm 17 years old and I'm now a senior in high school. I stand about 5'5 and 120 pounds with brown glowing skin. I also have this huge Afro that's very kinky and bouncy. I have three tattoos, one on my forearm that reads 'Aquarius', one on my leg that's a picture of a mermaid, and my last tattoo is on my stomach of a woman with an Afro, that's my favorite. I have one piercing, on my tongue. And I've also been living in Atlanta all my life.

I consider myself to be very friendly, but for some reason people think differently. I mean I'm not the mean type, but I don't go around smiling all day. In Atlanta I really didn't talk to many people, so I'm gonna try to break out of my shell this year. I had one best friend back in Atlanta that I've known since 7th grade. His name is Tyrone and I tell him everything. I used to have this huge crush on him, shit, I still kind of do. But I'm not his "type", whatever the hell that means. He's into those Atlanta girls who pop bubble gum and twirl their fake Brazilian hair lol. Tyrone is fine, chocolate, athletic, and tall. Damn. But that was something that I had to get over, since he ain't want me like that.

Now let's talk about my love life for a second. I can't even call it that because its nonexistent lol. Nobody, and I mean nobody want my ass. I don't know why, I'm cool as hell. I'm attractive cause all them niggas wanted to hit, but nobody wanted to be in a SERIOUS relationship with me. I'm not here for all the games and stuff, so I be quick to cut a nigga off. Tyrone used to always tell me that it's because I don't open up enough. I never let anyone get to know me, who I truly am. I'm just too shy for all that. And plus I'm a black princess, and if a dude ain't gonna treat me as so then.. Middle finger up.😁

Sunday 12:30pm
Shreveport, LA📍

Finally we're at our first location, my butt hurts super bad in this seat. Now time to hug a bunch of family members I don't even remember. I take one of my headphones out and let my mother lead the way. I didn't have any service on my iPhone 6 and dirt flew around as we walked.

A yellow woman with huge boobs and pretty wavy hair came to hug us. She's my grandma's sister but I've only met her once. A bunch of cousins that were about my age or younger sat on the porch just staring.

"Kids wear their hair any kind of way nowadays huh?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes and put on a fake smile. She got me twisted, my hair longer than hers I bet. But anyways, I spoke to the cousins I've never met and proceeded into the house. The house was small and smelled like food. I been sitting for hours so I stood up and looked at all the pictures on the walls. My aunt made us fix a plate of fried chicken, Mac and cheese and collard greens with cornbread. Son, when I tell you I cleaned that plate. Those lil lunchables I ate on the road was nothing. After we finished eating we sat and talked for a while. My mother didn't want to stay long because we wanted to arrive to Houston before it got too dark.

Around 3:30 we hit the road again and it takes about three hours from Shreveport to Houston. I was full and that made me sleepy so I put the seat back and took a little nap. Before I knew it we were in Houston, Texas. The city looked beautiful I swear it did. I rushed to text Ty after arriving in the city.

Jakiyah: Bestfriend, I made it...(7:02 pm)

Tyrone: 😥😔 I miss you already Jay. After graduation you better come back to the A (7:04 pm)

Jakiyah: I will bff. And I miss you too. 😩 who am I gonna talk to now?? You know don't nobody like me lbs (7:06 pm)

Tyrone: lmao. You'll be cool. Just try to break out of your shell, actually talk to people. I'm pretty sure they don't bite in Houston 😂 (7:10 pm)

Jakiyah: You know how hard it is for me to be social. It's so awkward and I always feel like I'll say something stupid. But we're at my grandmas so I'll ttyl. 👋🏾😔 (7:11 pm)

Tyrone: love you👋🏾 (7:12 pm)

I ended the conversation with Tyrone because we just pulled up to my grandmothers house. We're staying with her until my mom finds us a place to stay. My mother worked for a bank so she was going to be looking for houses around that area. My mother is picky as hell so who knows when we're leaving my grandmothers house. I'm not really complaining cause my ma can't cook for shit and my granny be throwing down.

My grandma wouldn't let me get out the car fast enough before she swooped me up and kissed all over my cheeks. I wanted to wipe off the wetness but I didn't want her to see. I fixed the back of my Afro that had become matted down from laying on it and then went to the trunk to get my bags. We had so many bags it took three trips to get everything out. My mother loved clothes so most of the suitcases were hers.

Once we got all our bags situated, grams showed us our rooms and then talked our ears off for about an hour and a half. I couldn't take it anymore and complained about being tired. She showed me the guest bathroom and I went on my way. I then dug through my bags to find my hair products and shower things. I sprayed my hair with water mixed with peppermint oil, coconut oil, and my favorite leave in conditioner. I then applied a creme to seal in the moisture and braided my hair into four different sections. I hated doing this on lazy nights like this, but I didn't want to wake up looking like a fool with bed hair. I put on my bonnet and preceded to the shower. The water pressure was soothing to my skin and was very much needed after my long day. I let the water run down my face as I washed my body. Once I got out the shower I moisturized my skin with cocoa butter and admired my small frame. I liked to sleep naked so i just put on a robe to cover up, and plus my granny's house was a little stuffy. I then checked my phone as I headed to my room and realized that no one would be texting me because I didn't have any friends 😊😊. Before going to bed I took a selfie, throwing up H Town and uploading it to Snapchat, with the title: HTine Bound😈🌆🍇 and adding a Houston sticker. Lights off and now I'm going to bed!

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE.