Chapter 27: Hard Times

I swear being in a relationship with Trae is a full time job. I have to deal with him which is enough and then I have to deal with people at school. I never really speak up or get involved in drama, but too many people have something to say about Trae. I got his back no matter what, so I be having to put people in they place. People who never even talked to Trae or Mike keeping they names in their mouth. Sydney tells me to ignore them, but it's hard because they know nothing about the situation. Shit, I didn't even know about the situation until it all happened. Trae ended up telling me everything once it was all said and done. I knew Mike ass was a snake, I should've spoke up when I had the chance. It's messed up that Chris had to kill his own friend, but Mike had it coming. Chris for real is the only friend I agreed with Trae having. He was the only one who acted normal sometimes.

"Jakiyah, how Trae doing? Chris was my nigga. I sent some money to him and everything." A dude in my class spoke.

"Trae doing okay. If he finish these online classes he'll graduate with us. And that's what's up, I talked to Chris on the phone and he said a lot of people been sending him stuff."

The bell then rung and we ended the conversation. I met up with Sydney because I really needed to talk to her. I hadn't seen her all weekend and I feel like I need her advice, face to face.

"Hey girlie." Sydney smiled and gave me a hug.

"You going to the cafeteria for lunch or you leaving the school?" I asked her.

"I don't feel like driving so I'm staying. What's up?" She looked at me.

"I was hoping you would say you were leaving. I wanted to talk to you."

"Well let's go then. We can stop and get some grub."

We then walked to her car and left the school for lunch. Sydney is like the girl best friend I never had. I felt like I could tell her anything now and I'm happy I have someone to confide in.

"What going on sister girl? I know somethings bothering you cause you never wanna leave the school."

"I'm scared Syd. I'm really scared right now."

"Why? Is Trae acting crazy again?" She looked at the road.

"No. But he's going to be, probably."

"Whyyyy?"

"I haven't got my period in two months now. It was supposed to come last week, but it didn't. Last month I thought maybe since I'm still young that it's irregular and I would get it this month. It still hasn't came and I'm freaking out!" I put my hands over my face.

"Damnnnnnn. That's wild. Maybe it's because so much has been going on and you're stressing. I think that's what it is, you stressing."

"You're probably right, but what if I'm pregnant. My mama gone kill me!"

"I mean you did say y'all used rubbers, right? They don't be coming off or nothing do they? Maybe we should go to the store just in case, but I'm pretty sure you good." She was trying to calm me down.

"We did, most of the time. I mean we would start off with one, and then sometimes he would take it off. Well sometimes he didn't, but he pulled out. Fuckkkkkkk!" I leaned my head back.