Final Words

First of all, I want to thank every single one of you guys for reading my story! Because of all the comments and love you guys shown, it has allowed me to enjoy this story 10x more. Literally anytime someone would comment or vote, it brought a smile to my face 😊 because I worked really hard on this story. Fun Fact: I've been writing since I was a little girl, but started back around 2013-2014.

I really didn't want it to end because I fell in love with Trae and Jakiyah's character, but it had to end at some point. Now I can tell you guys some background about the story.

What made me write this story: Well first, I got the idea of this story from me loving chopped and screwed music(hence the name of the story) one day I was listening to music and was like oh I should do a story based in Houston. Fun fact: most of this story I listened to chopped and screwed music, Kodak Black, and other southern rappers(mostly from the late 90's)while writing. If anything sad happened in the story, I was listening to slow songs. If any action was going on, I had to listen to something hype. So whatever I was listening to persuaded the mood of the chapter lbs. Another fun fact: my favorite Houston song is Wanna Be a Baller lol I know that song word from word.

Characters: In the beginning I didn't have anyone to play the main characters. But I did know exactly how I wanted them to be. I knew I wanted Jakiyah to be natural and semi-innocent(I kind of molded her after myself). With Trae, I feel like I worked really hard to perfect him for this story. In his POV's, especially the early chapters, I wanted to get so detailed with him. I wanted everyone to feel his pain and struggles being from the hood. I still have some work to do on my behalf to better my writing, but I'll pat myself on the back because I think I did a good job with him. And it's crazy because at first I wasn't going to have Trill Sammy play Trae. I say this because last year I had just found out about him from the freestyles, but didn't even think about him playing Trae. Then after looking and looking for someone, I was like Sammy fits Trae perfectly and he's actually from Houston so I might as well. All that time Sammy was right there waiting to play Trae and it took me months after starting the story to realize it lol.

My favorite chapters and why: Chapter 6- Because I got to describe the day Trae's dad died.
Chapter 7- Only because of the Waffle House scene 😂
Chapter 16- I liked the detail I added in the scene when Trae thought he was dying
Chapters 37-39- Because Jay had Trae's back during a hard time. And plus I got to write about Trae's weird trip/nightmare from the side effects of the drugs he took.
Did you guys have any favorite chapters, let me know?
Fun Fact: I got kinda emotional writing the sad chapters, like when Trae got shot 😂😂

Now that it's over I can tell y'all some of the stuff I planned to do but changed my mind lol. I wasn't going to kill Mike when he did die-- originally I was going to have Mike, Chris, and Trae have a shootout with each other in Mike's house. Mike was going to get injured but not killed. I realized Mike was too much of a threat to stick around so I had him die. I was going to have the dudes who shot Trae to kill Mike but it was juicier to have Chris do the dirty work.
Another thing I didn't plan on happening was the set up, Mike originally was supposed to just get Trae in a bunch of trouble. But I needed something to write about and then I started thinking about how in so many songs dudes talk about how their closest friends need to be watched and in most cases some of them actually get set up by people they call their "brother". Fun Fact: 9/10 if a song was mentioned in this story, I was listening to it at the time I wrote it.
At times I was like, hmmm should Trae die, or go to jail? But I couldn't allow myself to do that, I even thought about letting Jay die (before Jay said she was pregnant of course). I also was going to have a twist at the end, the baby was going to be Chris' instead of Trae's and he was going to find out after the birth. I didn't do that because I wanted Jakiyah to be loyal and I know Trae would've had to lose his mind.
I told myself so many times that I wasn't going to let Jakiyah get pregnant, but I had already started writing the doctors appointment chapter way in the beginning and just kept it saved as a draft. Plus I really wanted to write about a pregnancy so I made her get pregnant. 😂

Fun Fact: when I start a story I have to have some of my plots jotted down or I won't finish the story. It has to play like a movie in my head or I won't be motivated to finish it. I have to have it all organized out, especially the dates/time period. Lol

Part 2 of this story orrrrrr??
Let me know and I'll do it if I can think of enough plots lbs

Thanks again to everybody who read and enjoyed this story, I really appreciate it. ✨❤️
Love,
Arianna.