Chapter 51: Lil Trae

Trae's POV

I know Jay's going crazy because she didn't have the baby yet. She keeps having false alarms so the hospital is like our second home right now. I'm eager and all but I think she's more uncomfortable than anything. I be trying to make things easier for her; rubbing her feet, feeding her, shit even bathing her. Whatever I can do, I'll do it for her.

How's my life been since the baby shower? Well me and my mama kinda fell out again. What happened? My 20th birthday came up and Jay threw me a lil get together. My brothers and sisters was there, so was Sydney, Jermaine, Jakiyah mama, two of my homeboys from school, we even had Chris on the phone for a lil minute. My mama came to the party hella late mane, I wasn't tripping though cause that would be petty. She still fooling with that cop, but I still didn't trip when she brought him to the dinner. I was like its my birthday and Jay went out her way to do this for me so I'm a be cool. What set me off was when I thanked everybody for showing up and after that the only thing I said was that I wish my pops was there. Why my mama got to huffing and puffing like that really pissed her off or something. I know she miss my daddy too and we both got fucked up ways of dealing with it. So when she started making all that noise I couldn't bite my tongue cause it made me feel some type of way.

"What was all that for?" Was what I asked her.

I know the look on my face had everybody like oh shit. My mama don't play that talking to her crazy shit so of course she snapped on my ass. Surprisingly, her boyfriend stayed in his place and didn't say nothing. Long story short, we exchanged some unkind words and we've barely talked. I told her that I loved her, but it's best that we distance ourselves. She agreed and told me to call when I'm ready to talk it out, mane we got some much frustration towards each other I don't even know where to start.

Between us and only us, I've been tempted to cheat on Jay so many times since then too. Around the time she was like seven or eight months things kind of changed. To her I can tell she felt like everything was good, but for me it wasn't. Dealing with doctors appointments, her irritability, and the fact that she wasn't really trusting me being out all night drove me to wanna cheat. I would be catching sells and she would be blowing my phone up complaining about how I should be at home, she was right but I didn't want to hear it. I started going out leaving her in the house to be with some hoes. I swear, I ain't do shit though I just needed to get away. I realized I was being selfish and put a end to all that BS. Compared to last year, I'm much more of a man than I thought I would ever be.

"So you sure you don't wanna add your mama to the visitors list? The doctor told me I have to have it in by tomorrow and it's no changing it." Jakiyah said as she emailed her doctor.

"You gone keep asking until I say you can add her? I thought you told him the people who can visit already. I don't understand why you have to do that anyway."

"Yeah, because this is her grandchild. And I guess they don't want any and everybody running in and out of their hospital, people be crazy nowadays." She cuddled under me.

"Add her then fat, I honestly don't care who come, she probably not gone show up anyway." 

"Stop with attitudes.... Ahhhh." She grabbed her stomach.

"You good?"

"I think I'm having contractions." She sat up.

"For real this time?"

"I don't know, it felt like it."

"You really wanna take that trip to the hospital again? Yesterday the doctors told you you was good." I'm sick of going back and forth to that damn hospital.