Chapter 46: Invasion

With incense burning and India Arie playing in background, I sat at the table eating a bowl of cereal and ice. I'm thankful that most of my weird cravings are over, although I still can't stop eating peanut butter with almost everything. The house has been pretty quiet since Jermaine left and honestly he was keeping me company a lot of the time. It's messed up what went down, but Trae told him that wasn't the life he should live.

Once I finish up, I went to the sink to wash the dishes. As the water ran, I heard the doorbell ring which surprised me. Trae is out and I'm not expecting anyone so maybe Jermaine wants to come back. I quickly wiped my wet hands and turned down the music before walking towards the front door. When I looked out the peephole it caught me by surprise to see two cops standing outside. Immediately, my heart started to pound and I thought the worse. I pray nothing is wrong with Trae or Jermaine, or anybody else.

"Hi." I opened the door with a worried look on my face.

"Hello, ma'am. Do you live here?" A tall male officer asked.

"Yes. Is everything okay?" I played with my hair because I was nervous.

"We're looking for a Trae Ross. Is he home by chance?"

"No, he's not here. Can I help you with anything?"

"Do you mind if we take a look on the inside?" The other officer spoke up.

"I actually do mind. One more time, is everything okay? Is there something going on?" I was starting to catch an attitude because they were beating around the bush.

"Ma'am, we just need to search the house really quickly." He tried to put his hand on the door.

"Nah. Y'all got a warrant? If not, y'all can't come in here."

"We don't need a warrant. Are you trying to hide something?"

"You not talking to a fool, you need a warrant before you step foot in this house. Trae not here so I don't know why you're still standing here. And if you wanna try and harass me like y'all big shit, I got a lawyer that'll light HPD up. I'm six months pregnant, I don't have time for this." I tried to slam the door but the officer stopped me with his hand.

"We'll be back with that warrant ma'am. Have a good day." He was obviously pissed at me.

I rolled my eyes and shut the door. I hate when police act like they run everything, like they paying bills here. But anyway, I need to let Trae know what's going on before they come back with that search warrant. He has weed, guns, and prescription drugs that aren't in his name in here. They'll be putting both of us in jail once they see all this stuff.

Jakiyah: Trae... (3:45 pm)

Trae: yea.? (3:50 pm)

Jakiyah: Come home, it's an emergency (3:50 pm)

Trae: U good? How serious?? (3:52 pm)

Jakiyah: You need to be here now, serious. 🚨 (3:53 pm)

Trae: OMW (3:54 pm)

It took Trae about thirty minutes to get home and I rounded up everything I could find. I hope Trae remembers where he hid everything because it has to leave this house. On the inside I was scared and nervous as hell, but I played it cool in front of Trae.

"What's going on, you feeling okay?" He rushed to me.

"Yeah, I'm good. Like a while ago the police came here trying to come inside the house. They were looking for you and wanted to search the house. I told them they couldn't unless they had a warrant, they said they'll be back."