Chapter 41: Lovers & Friends

Today Trae sent me out to buy some new clothes because I can't fit any of them anymore. He was going to come with me, but he had some sells to catch and he was taking too long so I left him. I bought a bunch of comfortable stuff to wear, like joggers and palazzo pants. I even stopped by the grocery store to cook dinner for us. I've been feeling like a real adult lately, Trae even let me pay my first bill. But anyways, for dinner is going to be chicken Alfredo with a garden salad on the side, and I'm making this Reese's cheesecake that I found on the Internet for dessert.

I can't carry everything in the house by myself so I call Trae to come help me. He didn't answer the phone, so I guess I'm going to have to make multiple trips. As I'm pulling up in the driveway I see Sydney's car blocking my entrance. Normally she calls before she comes over and now that I think of it, I called her earlier to ask if she wanted to go shopping with me, but she didn't answer.

Since her dumb ass is blocking the driveway, I had to park on the side of the street. I grabbed like two of the bags and pulled out my house key. As I open the front door I see Sydney laying on the couch with Trae sitting next to her playing his game. Sydney looked over at me and Trae kept his eyes glued on the game while I gave them both an evil stare.

"Hi, boo." Sydney sat up.

"Don't hi boo me. Why are you here?" I dropped the bags.

"What? I can't come over here now?" Her and Trae looked at me like I was crazy. And honestly, since I've been pregnant I think I am going crazy.

"First of all, you're blocking the fucking driveway, like an idiot. And second of all, no. Not when I've been calling you and you never answered the phone, but you over here laid up on the couch." I slammed the front door.

"Hold up, hold up. What's wrong, Jakiyah? Why you so grumpy?" He turned the game off.

"Shut up Trae. Why the hell didn't you answer your phone? Y'all up here all laid up like y'all together. Don't play me."

"Jay this is my whole brother! I don't want him." Sydney turned her nose up.

"Right, and what you mean laid up? I'm playing the game."

"Man, whatever. Can you go move your car?" I folded my arms and watched Sydney walk out the door.

"Baby... What's wrong? Why you coming in the house going off?" Trae grabbed me.

"Don't baby me. You think I'm stupid? You got me out the house and she wasn't even answering her phone earlier and then I come back to this. What was y'all doing?"

"Nothing! She came over and was just chilling. I look at her like a sister so I wasn't gone tell her to leave just because you was gone." He laughed.

"What the hell is funny? You take everything as a joke, only thing is I'm not playing." I picked the bags up and went into the kitchen.

"You really think I would do something with her? I've known her for like three years, if I was gone fuck I woulda been done it." He stood in front of me.

"Can you help me get the rest of the bags from the car." I walked away from him.

He followed me, letting out a loud sigh. As we were walking out the door, Sydney was walking towards us. I looked right past her and kept walking. From the corner of my eye I could see Trae making faces to Sydney, he was trying to silently communicate with her. I looked back and shoved the bags into Trae's hands.