Chapter 47: Delivery

Trae's POV

"You don't need to buy everything, that's why I want to make a registry." Jay said as I brought bags of stuff into the baby's room.

"Why do we need that when I can afford everything?" I admired the drawing of my sons name I painted on the wall in big letters.

"Because people keep asking me what can they buy." She said as she played with the baby monitor.

"The room already filled with stuff, but if you want more then cool." I found a place to sit the baby bibs.

I swear my son ain't gone want for nothing in this world, not as long as I'm around. Let's just hope he's born a natural hustler like his daddy and not one of those people who always looks for handouts. But on the real the closer and closer it get to my son being born, the more nervous I get. Everyone keeps telling me how my life is going to change and that everything is going to be different. I've even had people bring up marriage, one of them being Jakiyah. Don't get me wrong I love her to death, but I'm not thinking about marriage right now. I'm going to marry her one day, just not anytime soon.

"I talked to your mom today." Jay rubbed cocoa butter on her belly.

"For real? I been calling her and she been denying all my calls." I shrugged my shoulders.

I'm kind of salty that Jay been talking to my mama and she won't even pick up the phone for me. It's so much I need to talk to her about, some good some bad.

"Yeah, you should go see her or something. Life is too short to be upset at each other all the time."

"That's her... I've apologized to everybody except her. My aunt and Jermaine accepted it, but she won't even talk to me."

"Come on, we're going to go visit her. Y'all both stubborn that's all." She tugged on me.

I shook my head and made my way downstairs. Jakiyah is such a peacemaker, I love that about her though. But mane, I pray to God when I get over there that cop isn't there. Call me crazy, but I think he had something to do with the laws coming to my house. They never made house visits with me before, even when I was at my mama crib. Even though I'm going to smooth things over with my moms, I need to know if she's been talking to that officer about me.

"Turn this off, we need to listen to some of my music." Jay turned my music off and connected her phone.

She started playing Wyclef, 911 and I looked at her funny. Not even a minute into the song I turned it off and put my music back on. She then smacked my hand and turned the song back on. I'm not bout to play with her, I don't wanna hear this soulful ass music.

"Move your hand, Jay this my car and I don't wanna hear this." I tried to move her hand off the radio.

"Noooo. I wanna hear it, you listen to your music all the time."

"I don't want to hear shit about no 9-1-1. I don't need nothing that's gone remind me of the laws."

"Please, our son likes this song."

I just left it alone and continued to drive. We're almost at my mamas house anyway. I don't know what kind of music she's been listening to lately, now she's singing Love Don't Live Here Anymore. Maybe she's in her feelings or something, you never know with this girl.

Finally, we've made it. When I parked I quickly opened the door so the music could cut off. My mama sat on the porch with a black hanging out her mouth. Jakiyah waved and quickly waddled towards her. I walked slowly with my head down.

"Hey, ma." I side hugged her.

"Hi, Trae." She hugged me back.

"Let's go in the house so you can sit down, Jakiyah." My mama stood up.