Chapter 23: Bonus Chapter

Chris' POV

Mane, I really need to let Trae know what I seen a few days ago. I know he'll flip if I showed him the pictures on my phone. I thought our circle was tight and never thought Mike would be the one to flip. This shit really killing me on the inside.

*Flashback to a few days ago*

So I'm chilling at Mike's house for a lil minute, just to get out the house. We was playing 2K, but he got mad because I was kicking his ass.

"Mane, my baby mama outside. Let me go handle her real quick and I'll be back to give yo ass this work!" Mike stood up.

"Bro, you weak. Hurry up so you can get your feelings hurt." I laughed.

For a while I was looking out the window to see Mike fuss at his baby mama. I swear they always arguing about something. As I'm sitting here, Mike phone blowing up, like every two minutes. That's my homeboy and everything, so I grab it to see who it is. He had hella missed calls and texts, his baby mama must be real crazy. I wanna get a good laugh so I type in his password and go to the text messages. A unsaved number calls while I'm trying to be nosey and I answer it, but didn't say anything. I can hear a bunch of niggas in the background and then they hung up. I shrug my shoulders and go back to the messages. I see a random number with a Austin, TX area code threatening Mike so I click the message to read the convo.

(512) 678-2345: Bro I'm not gone keep playing with you. bitch ass nigga. You need to run that money or you gone get handled (1:20 pm)

Mike: you ain't even knock him off... What imma pay y'all for? That wasn't even apart of the deal (1:45 pm)

(512) 678-2345: we almost got caught doing that, you gone pay us nigga! Answer yo phone fool. Scary ass (1:46 pm)

Mike: Mayne didn't y'all niggas rob him? He ain't have none of his jewelry, ya broke ass took his shoes and he said the money in his pocket was gone. Don't let me count the work y'all took out his car. I don't owe y'all nothing cause y'all got urs (1:56 pm)

(512) 678-2345: just know we don't play bout our money, watch your back lil dude 💯 T got lucky, but you might not (2:03 pm)

Whoaaaa... I hurried up to get off the messages and I sat on the edge of the bed with my mouth wide open. Is this conversation about Trae? I unlock the phone one more time to take another look before Mike comes back in. From the window I could see he was finishing up the talk with his baby mama so I took a picture of the messages with my phone real quick. I don't know what to do right now. I started thinking about how Trae told me how he was robbed the night he got shot. The fact that Mike was with him before it all happened is messing me up. Did this nigga really set Trae up? He had to. But why though? This is really crazy mane. I need to let Trae know the situation real soon.

"Iight, let's get back on this game!" Mike came in the room smiling.

"I don't even feel like playing no more, my head hurt." I shook my head.

Shit, I'm thinking about confronting him, but I don't even have my tool on me.

"You a bitch. You know I was gone whoop your ass, that's why."

I shook my head again and gave a fake laugh. I need to get the hell out this man house, cause if he'll do his own "brother" in, I know he wouldn't have a problem with taking me out. I told Mike that I couldn't stay any longer and I left his crib. Man if I have to, I'll kill his snake ass.
**** End of Flashback****

I look at the picture of the messages and I'm still in disbelief. The three of us had so much fun together; and if nobody was real I just knew they were. I need to figure if this is what Mike really wanted, I can't wrap my head around this. So I download a texting app and sent Mike a fake text message.

Chris(texting app): I'm textin u from this # now. I don't have my 678-2345 phone right now. (4:45 pm)

Mike: Y ya keep texting my phone? That's over now... (4:47 pm)

Chris(texting app): Cause we need them bands. What's dude name again? I think we can make it happen... (4:48 pm)

Mike: Y you need his name? T is all you need to know. And ya still not gettin no money out of me because that wasn't apart of the first agreement (4:53 pm)

Chris(texting app): T dog? Or Trae? That lil nigga known around Houston (4:54 pm)

Mike: What you googling him now or something? Bye man. I can handle him on my own now. And delete these messages nd never hit me again. This over with now. (4:59 pm)

So now I have the proof I really needed. It's over with for Mike I swear it is. I just hope nothing happens to Trae cause he cool people. The only thing I need to do now is find out how I want to handle this. I know I don't have much time, but I need a while to get my mind right.

This chapter was short because it was only a bonus chapter to see how Chris figured Mike was a snake.

So now everything is kind of coming to surface. How do you think Chris is going to handle it? And let's hope nothing happens in between time.

Comment and vote to find out