Chapter 14: Real or Fake?

Trae's POV

Since me and Jay got back together, I haven't talked to my "homies" in like a week. I haven't even talked to Sydney. I don't know what her problem is, I lowkey feel like she set this shit up. I'll never change for no bitch or nigga, so I don't see why she been acting funny lately. Mike childish ass just think this all a joke, so he don't even know I'm back with her. My first day back at school is today so I know they all bout to be in my face like shit ain't happen.

I enter the school solo and headed to the cafeteria. I see some of the people I associate myself with, but I head to a empty table. Jakiyah spotted me and came to sit at the table. Her new best friend Sydney came following behind her.

"Welcome back." Jay said.

I just smirked and kept my head down.

"I heard you was jammed up. What happened?" Sydney asked.

"Nothing, I'm out now." I replied.

"We need to talk, because you not finna keep acting like you got an attitude with me." She snatched my earphone our my ear.

"We can talk later." I seen Mike walking towards me.

"What's up bro? How come you haven't been answering your phone?" He asked me.

"When you hit me, mane? I ain't get no calls from you. And I was locked up like last week anyway. I tried calling your ass." I was annoyed that everybody was in my face.

"Swear to God? You know I would've helped you out that jam. Ain't nobody tell me shit..." He looked surprised.

"I ain't tripping, boy." I stood up to head to my class.

Jakiyah got up with me and walked on the side of me. I put my earphone back in and didn't look back to see if my crew was behind me. This was about to be the first time I was actually early to class. I need to get my shit together, for real. I've been suspended five times and I haven't learned shit this semester.

"You really need to talk to Sydney. I think you hurt her feelings by not talking to her." Jay said as we walked to class.

"How she know she didn't hurt mines. But if you want me to really talk it out with her mama then I will." I licked my lips and looked over at her.

"What is with you calling me mama? That's not cute." She frowned and smiled at the same time.

"You don't like none of the nicknames I give you, girl. And I call you mama because if you keep letting me sleep in it that's what you gone become." I joked with her.

She pushed me and started laughing. I was now at my first class so I grabbed Jay by her arms and began tongue kiss her right in front of my teacher. She was surprised because she jumped back when I started kissing her. Her small lips were juicy and I didn't want to stop.

"No public display of affection." My teacher said as she put her hands in between me and Jakiyah's face.

"Mannneee. You gone have to come over my house today, so we can further discuss this mama situation." I laughed, but was kind of serious.

"Nooo, nigga. You ain't getting none of this for a while." She pointed to her cat and stuck her tongue out, exposing her blue tongue ring then walked clean off.

I opened my mouth wide and my teacher shook her head at the both of us. What she expect, we old enough. When I walked into the classroom it was only two other people sitting down. I let out a sigh and sat in a seat closer to the teacher. The group that I usually sit by talk too much so I know I would be distracted if I sat near them. Once the bell rung and the teacher began teaching, it was hard to concentrate. I had no idea what was going on, but I made sure to somewhat pay attention. This pattern continued for the remainder of the school day.