Chapter 20: Girl Next Door

Trae's POV

February 2016

(281)-523-7890: Trae? (2:01 pm)

Trae: who dis? (2:23 pm)

(281)-523-7890: Gabby... Can I see you? (2:24 pm)

Trae: Who? (2:25 pm)

(281)-523-7890: You playing? Gabby, the girl who lived next door to your cousin Kim... (2:27 pm)

Trae: Doesn't sound familiar. Sorry 😊 (2:29 pm)

(281)-523-7890: So you don't remember last summer and how you would come over when my dad left for work? I was just trying to see what's up, no need to act brand new. (2:30 pm)

Trae: 😂😂😂 doesn't sound familiar. I went over a lot of hoes houses LAST summer. Who gave you my number? (2:32 pm)

(281)-523-7890: oh for real? Well what about a few months ago. Kim gave me your number. (2:34 pm)

I stopped replying to shorty because I don't want anything to do with her. I said I didn't remember her, but I know exactly who she is. Last summer I would always go visit my cousins and she stayed next door to them. She was a sweet girl and I was trying to make her mine. I tried so hard to get with her and each time she turned me down. She said she wasn't into bad boys, but let me pipe her way too many times. A few months ago I went over my people house and she was right next door like always. Even though I was with Jakiyah at the time I had to hit her one last time. Now that I'm through with the cheating, I don't want anything to do with her. I gave her a chance and she didn't want to take it.

It's wild because she's been calling and texting me a lot lately. I didn't have her number saved, but she left voicemails telling me who she was. I ignored every last thing she sent. I swear, anytime I get in a relationship some old females pop up out of the blue. It must be the devil trying to tempt me, but I ain't going. Things been too good between me and Jakiyah to fuck it up.

Speaking of Jakiyah, as I walk up the basement steps I can hear her and my mother talking.

"Who told you to come over here uninvited?" I jokingly ask her.

"I wanted to surprise you. I haven't talked to you in two days." She gave me a big smile.

As I hugged Jay, my phone started to vibrate. I looked down to see it was Gabby. I pressed decline and slid my phone in my pocket. If she keep blowing me up I'm a really have to go off on this girl, better yet I'll just block her number because I don't have time to go back and forth with a female that ain't mine. I have enough arguing with Jay already. A little later I felt my phone vibrating again.

"You wanna go downstairs?" I asked Jakiyah as I still held on to her.

"Dang. Y'all don't ever wanna spend time upstairs." My mama said as she grabbed the house phone.

"We don't want you in our business Ma."

I walked down the basement steps with Jakiyah glued to my hip. Mane, I really hope this ain't that girl calling me again. Once we make it down the steps I pull out my phone to see two voicemails from her. Didn't she get the hint? I'm assuming not. Jakiyah laid her head on my lap and I tried to hide my phone from her. Even though I'm not stunting ole girl, I know Jay will get mad over any little thing.

"What you doing?" She looked up at me because I know I was looking focused as hell.

"Nothing. Just checking my missed calls." I told her.