Chapter 53: Slim Thugga

3 weeks later

It's been three weeks since I've given birth to my little bundle of joy and you can hardly tell that I was ever pregnant.  I'm almost back down to my regular size, its kind of sad because I liked being thick. I still got a lil ass though so I'm cool with that. And baby Trae is getting bigger and bigger each week. His little cheeks are so rosy and fat, and he's always smiling with that one dimple he has. He has big shiny eyes like a doll, curly full hair, and beautiful brown skin. I don't know if it's because he's my baby, but he's the cutest baby I've seen thus far.

Y'all I'm not gone lie though, it's hard being a parent. Derrick hardly ever sleeps, but he doesn't cry much any more which is a good thing for me. Since Trae is a night owl he lets me rest most nights while he takes care of Derrick so I can catch up on sleep. We've gotten use to our new schedules so we don't fuss anymore about that. My body is healing well and as time passes I'm getting more used to the changes I'm going through.

Trae's such a good dad, like I knew he would be. His phone is filled with pictures of him and the baby. He even has full conversations with the baby, the only thing is Trae has a potty mouth. And it's so cute because anytime Derrick cries or gets fussy, Trae raps along to Kodak Black songs and he instantly stops, but only if it's Kodak. I'm so in love with both of my boys.

"Hey chunky man." I tickled the baby and watched him smile.

"It look like we all in competition to have the best hair, but we all know daddy has the best fro here." Trae rubbed my hair and then Derricks.

"Sike. I think me and lil Trae are tied." I laughed.

"Mane, my son really the shit. Wait till he turn one, he gone have all the lil baby girls on him. Give him a few months and he gone be flexing with his daddy, passenger seat riding." Trae joked, putting his chain around Derricks neck.

"No he not, my son not dating nobody no time soon. Imagine when he's like 16, both of y'all together probably gone be the death of me."

"We'll try to take it easy on you. Ain't that right twin?" Trae took the baby from me.

I promise when it comes to Derrick, Trae is super stingy. Anytime we let people see the baby he hardly ever let's them hold him. And if he does he keeps his eyes glued onto Derrick as if something's going to happen. One day the baby spent a few hours at Trae's mother house and Trae damn near went crazy, blowing his moms phone up. When he goes out to catch his sales, Trae has a hard time saying goodbye. The only time he'll willingly separate from Derrick is when he goes to smoke. That boy really crazy bout his son.

I know I always bring this up, but just imagine how life would be if I would've listened to Trae. It probably would've been the same ole shit that we were going through before. When they say time heals all wounds, that's really true man. Let's take a trip down memory lane real quick.

Reflecting on my life from last year I never would've thought I would be here. Arriving in Houston last year my only plans were to graduate high school and move back to Atlanta for college. Honestly I hardly wanted to move here in the first place. If someone told me I was going to have a baby and be in a serious relationship, I would have laughed in their face.

Man it's so crazy because I remember the first time I met Trae, it seems like yesterday. I promise I was so nervous my first day, and here comes this bad boy showing me around the school. When we first started talking I didn't think our friendship would get anywhere to be honest. He was a straight hoe y'all, I don't know why I liked him so much at first. Well I take that back, I know exactly why I liked him. He was tall, could dress, and carried himself with this cool, laid back attitude. Plus he was a hood nigga and I couldn't resist him. No matter how much trouble he used to get me in, I wasn't gone quit fucking with him. I dead was crazy about him, I mean I still am but I have an actual reason to be now.

Remember when he used to cheat on me like no tomorrow? When we first got together that boy was playing me like a guitar, now he hubby. I had to punch him down that one night at that hotel Mike had. Man my feelings used to be so hurt because of him. I can laugh about it now, but I was crying back then.

Or what about when we first had sex, I flexed like I was a pro but was scared as hell. After getting used to him though it was on and popping. Trae used to have me riding around the Third Ward throwing up his hood and some more stuff. I was his lil 'Slim Thug'. That reminds me of the time we got shot at, I coulda pissed myself I was so scared. It really hit me that I was dealing with a street nigga then. I never mentioned this, but my mama beat my ass when I got home that day. I'm talking bout straight belt action to every part of my body.

In such a short time we went through a lot together. I cried so many times in his car, caught contact in there too. When we first started having sex, he would have me sneaking out at night just to get a quickie in that car. I was jumping out of character for him. It was fun though, I actually got to do some teenager things for once. Back in Atlanta I didn't get to do anything hardly because I didn't have any friends. Trae introduced me to a few cool people. Even though Mike was a psychopath, at times he could be fun. Him and Trae clowned when they were together and Chris was right on the side of them; the three amigos. Sydney, man I'm so thankful to have her in my life--y'all know where we stand. Ugh, I remember that night we all went to the Waffle House and we got kicked out, good times.

The only thing I regret not doing is going to prom. I was so geeked about going until I found out I was pregnant. And plus me and Trae weren't together at that time so that ruined my mood to go anyways. As long as I walked across the stage, that's what really mattered. Now I have a bunch of lifelong memories to look back on, some good some bad.

Vote and comment for next chapter.

The next chapter is the last chapter and then I have a little bonus chapter after that.

The next chapter will be in Trae's POV, it'll be similar to this one. He'll be going over his memories from the past year and his outlook on some stuff that happened with him.

I'm gonna miss this story so much lol 😩❤️

But check out Jay and Trae pictured above 😂😂😍