Chapter 10: Drama

I danced in my room half naked to Ready Or Not, happy as ever. I admired my waist beads that Syd made for me while I looked in the mirror. I swayed back and forth to the rhythm of the beat. Interrupting me, my mother comes into my room.

"Girl, if your ass don't get ready for school!" She started laughing because she scared me.

"Ok, Ma. I gotta start my day off right." I smiled.

I know today's going to be a good day, I'm in such a good mood. I quickly changed into my high waisted pants and grey colored top. My fro was put into a bun with my edges slicked down. I had to rush because I was riding with Sydney to school today and I didn't want to keep her waiting. I greeted her with a hug and we headed out the door.

"I don't think your boo coming to school today mane." Sydney started her car up.

"Why you say that?" I was confused, but Trae never comes to school anyway.

"Girl I don't know, but word is some nigga at his head."

Why the hell is she telling me this? Let me find out Trae hiding from somebody. I really don't wanna hear this so I'm going to tell her about what happened with Trae and I yesterday.

"Tuh. But Syd, soooo yesterday, me and Trae had sex..." I waited for her response.

"Eww. You like my sister and he my brother. I really don't wanna hear that, but tell me more!" She busted out laughing.

"So we went out yesterday and we ended up having a talk, about his interests and stuff. He ended up saying how he wanted to experience love or some shit like that. I couldn't help but give it up." I was reminiscing about that amazing moment.

"Girllllllll! That's all imma say. I love Trae and all, but be careful." She smacked her lips.

"What, Syd? What you tryna say? I mean if something up, let me know." She got me scared and stuff now.

"Nah, nothing bad. I mean... Like... Trae the type of dude to fuck you right, but not want nothing out of it. Don't get me wrong, he is changing and growing into a lil man.."

"Keep it a stack, Syd." She was beating around the bush.

"It's just weird he talking bout love. He brought it up to me, but I don't know man. I hope it's not a phase cause I fuck with y'all."

We changed the conversation and continued on our way to school. She got me thinking and stuff now. What if Trae the type of dude to just say whatever to get what he want. I mean because I was telling him how I'm spiritual, and then he decided to bring up "sexual energy", he probably don't even believe in that shit. Sydney parked her car and we started walking inside the school. I can't let this ruin my good mood man, I just can't.

"Gang, gang baby!" Trae slid behind me.

He kissed my forehead and hugged me tight. I hugged him back and looked to see his whole lil clique staring.

"I thought you wasn't coming to school today, brother." Sydney stated.

"Ain't no nigga stopping me from going no where. Bahlee dat." He said with confidence.

"You gone get put out of school T, I keep telling you that. It's not about you looking scary, it's what's best for you." Sydney told him.

"Mane, I ain't worried bout that nigga mane. If he wanna see me, he can get his round, real shit."

"And we got clips for his ass too!" Mike added in.

I don't have time for any drama so me and Sydney headed to the cafeteria for breakfast while Trae and his friends waited for something to pop off. They told us they would meet us in there soon. Me and Sydney found a table with a few of our other friends and sat down to talk. Sydney explained how she wanted to dye her hair purple, but for the season she was also thinking about a light brown. As we talked about hair some girl approached our table. The girl was thick with long curly weave and she was about the same height as me.