Chapter 19: One Favor

I don't even know why I'm letting him do this. If we get caught my mothers going to kill me and she's going to call the police on Trae. I should've just been more stern when I told him no. I'm so gullible man it makes no sense. I crept around the house to make sure my mother and grandma were sleep. I then snuck in the living room to grab my mothers keys. I've snuck out the house before and it was successful, but this is different because Trae's taking the car and who knows what'll happen. And another thing is that this is my granny's house and what if she wakes up in the middle of the night. She went to bed around 7 so she should be sound asleep right now, I still feel uneasy though. I looked at my phone to see it was 11 something and Trae was calling me. I whispered as I answered the phone and he told me to open up.

"I owe you big time, I swear to God. And what's that shit on your face?" He grabbed the keys out of my hand and stared at my brown face mask.

"Shhh. You're too loud and it's a face mask. But look don't touch shit, don't take shit, don't move shit. Don't even turn the radio up. Don't adjust the seat and if you need to adjust the mirror you better fix it back the way it was. Don't smoke nothing and don't leave nothing behind. And knock on my window when you get back, I'll open up. And DONT take all fucking night!" I had to lay down the rules before he left.

"Alright, alright! I got it." He smiled with a mischievous look.

I kissed him goodbye, giving him my trust. Him starting up the car was as loud as ever but I know he couldn't help it. Lord please don't let my family hear this. If I had my own car it would be different. I made my way around the house again checking to see if they were still sleep. Then I go into the bathroom to wash off my cocoa face mask. Okay, maybe I need to go sit down before they hear me walking around with my heavy ass feet. I'm just so nervous right now, why did I do this. He could get pulled over or anything.

I couldn't stop looking out the window to see if he was pulling back up. A hour has passed now and I didn't think it would take him this long. I was thinking maybe 30 minutes or something, this is way too long. I turned my TV all the down so I could hear and I hear someone walking. I hop up so fast to look out my door, I couldn't see anything so I pretend that I need something from the kitchen. I started wiping my eyes as if I was sleep when I seen my grandma walking to the bathroom. Then I started coughing as if my mouth was dry and I fixed myself a cup of water. She just looked at me and made her way back to her room once she was done. Thank God.

Jakiyah: Trae you said you wouldn't be long.. It's been an hour! What r you doing? 😤 (12:20 am)

Trae: almost finished. I'm on a paper chase 🤑🤑 (12:25 am)

Jakiyah: idc! Hurry up (12:25 am)

Another hour passed and Trae still isn't back. We have school in the morning and I'm starting to get tired. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him. I called his phone like three times and now he doesn't want to pick up. I'm starting to get worried that something happened. I did my round through the house again and everything seems fine.

Jakiyah: Trae dammit hurry up!! 😡😡 it's almost 2 in the morning dude! (1:49 am)

Trae: Lost track of time... Pulling up in like 5 min 😩 sorry (1:55 am)

Like 15 minutes later Trae is softly knocking on my window. I looked out to make sure he parked the car the same way and everything before I opened the window. He climbed through with a big smile on his face and I had a frown.

"Mane whatever you need or want I got you, balee dat! I even put the same amount of gas back in the tank." He handed me the keys.

"You lied." I whispered.