Chapter 50: Angels

Two months later- November 2016

So today I'm officially 39 weeks pregnant. I'm as big as a house and I was scheduled to deliver last week, but Derrick isn't ready to leave mommies tummy yet. I put school on hold because I'm honestly not ready to juggle both school and motherhood. Of course I had to hear Trae's mouth about it, but whatever. I don't want to put too much stress on myself so I think that decision was best for me. Speaking of Trae, the last couple of months have been good for us. We've been together for a year now and he still gets on my nerves but that's my baby. He has his ups and downs sometimes, but I really feel like the baby will bring him the joy that he's been missing since his father passed.

Today I spent majority of my day with my mother and Trae's mother. We went out to eat, did a little shopping, and had girl talk. They both gave me tips on motherhood and I'm being very open minded to their opinions. I don't see how all these women do it, I'm so ready to drop this baby it's ridiculous. My chest are leaking milk, my feet are swollen, my whole body is freaking aching like crazy, and I'm peeing like every ten minutes. Not to mention I can't fit any of my clothes and I can't even bend down to put on my shoes.

"Well at least it's almost over. You had a real smooth pregnancy compared to some people." Trae's mother told me.

"I know, and I'm thankful for that. I'm scared but excited at the same time." I put my food in a to-go box.

"Before you know it baby Derrick will be cuddled up in your arms." My mother rubbed my belly as we walked back to the car.

I'm so glad to have women in my life who are supportive of me even though I've made mistakes in the past. I remember when I found out I was pregnant, I was so ashamed of myself and embarrassed of what others would think. Now I could careless because I know Derrick was a blessing from above and it's nothing to be ashamed of. After I found out, I had so much hate in my heart for Trae. Wrapping up my pregnancy, I realize I had no reason to hate him because all of this was destined to happen, it just took him time to come around. With only a week at the most, I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

"Be sure to tell Trae I said hi." His mother said as I was about to get out of the car.

I waved goodbye to them and walked inside of the house to be greeted by flowers. Trae wasn't in sight, but a bunch of red and white roses sat on the living room table. I slightly smiled and sat on the couch to read the card next to the flowers. It read:

I can't explain how much I love you, but this is just to show my appreciation for everything. You've put up with so much from me and sometimes I wonder why. You're bringing my son into this world and I can't thank you enough for the sacrifices you're making. Continue being the smart, beautiful woman that you are.

Love, Trae.

I swear Trae always knows what to say. That's really my baby man, I can't say that enough. I love when he randomly does cute things like this, although it's not often I really cherish these moments. I admired the flowers once more before going into the kitchen.

"Look at my fat mama, looking all thick and shit. Come here mane, I missed you while you was you gone." He poked his lip out before bringing me in for a hug.

"I wasn't gone for that long, and thanks for the card and flowers." I blushed like a little girl.

"Anything for the mother of my child, it's some chocolate covered strawberries on the counter for you. I got something else for you too." He reached in his pocket to pull out a necklace.

"Don't break this one if we get into it again. Cause I know you broke the last one I bought you while we was in school. Regardless of what we go through, keep this one."

I looked down at the gold heart necklace with me and Trae's initials carved in it. I thanked him and smothered his face with kisses. As I did so I had a big contraction and held onto to Trae's arm. Lord have mercy, this isn't pleasant at all. Contractions are the worst, they're like period cramps times ten. I had to sit down because the pain was worse if I'm standing.

"I'm so ready for this to be over." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"You need to come on mane, everybody waiting on you and shit. Don't be stubborn like your maw." Trae put his head against my stomach.

"Can you raise up, Trae I'm really aching right now. And nobody in here is as stubborn as you." I tried not to sound irritated.

"It's almost over love, no longer than another week. Maybe he doesn't wanna be a Scorpio and he's waiting till Sagittarius season." He joked.

"It just feels like I'm about to burst, I'm so uncomfortable and I know he is too because he doesn't have any room in there." I ate one of the strawberries as I spoke.

"Let Derrick do his thing, fat mama. And plus you make this pregnant shit look good." He kissed my stomach.

"Oh really? Why so lovey dovey today? You must want something." I joked with him.

"Only to spend some time with you today. I know I've been busy making moves so I owe this to you. You know you missed me anyway." He kissed all over my face.

I giggled a bit because his kisses tickled me. Although it's rare, when Trae does decide to be sweet and romantic it's the best. He took a break from kissing me to guide me upstairs. I'm sure if I wasn't so heavy he would of carried me up the stairs but it's cool. Once we got in the bedroom I stretched out on the fresh sheets and I was ready to go to sleep.

"Lil lazy tail. How you know I didn't want none?" He laughed.

"Not today, I knew you wanted something." I pushed his head back while returning the laugh.

"I was just playing. Let me massage you, you all tense and shit." He rubbed my shoulders.

This is just what I needed, the only thing missing is a nice hot bath. As Trae massaged me I continued to have contractions. The other day when I went to the doctor, she told me I wasn't in labor so maybe I'll just wait till the pain is worse to give her a visit again.

"It seem like yesterday when I was arguing you up and down about having him. I was so pissed at you that day, I ain't know what to do. I was being hella stupid talking to you like that." He looked me in the eye.

I didn't have anything to say because I didn't want to be reminded of that day. I just awkwardly smirked at him and focused my attention on something else.

"But now look at me, ready for daddy duties. I thank God you didn't listen to me cause now I kinda changed for the better." He grabbed my face so I could look at him again.

"We both came a long way, I'm proud of you baby."

"I love you, Jakiyah. And I'm sorry for doing you wrong all those times, that shit was so throwed. Every time I think about it that shit fuck me up." He shook his head.

"You don't have to keep apologizing for it, I've already forgiven you Trae."

He then laid up under my stomach, feeling Derrick move around. The room was silent but not in a bad way. Trae then started whispering sweet things to his son as I nodded off to sleep. It was so cute listening to him it kind of soothed me. Next thing you know, I was knocked out into a deep sleep.

COMMENT AND VOTE FOR NEXT CHAPTER