Chapter 7: Trick Or Treat Pt. 1

October 30

"Did Trae tell you about the haunted house, Jay?" Sydney asks as we stretched in gym class.

"No. What about em?"

"Well every year we go to the haunted houses and we plan on going tonight. Trae said he would ask if you wanted to go, but knowing him I'm sure he forgot."

I really love haunted houses so I agreed to go. This would be my first time going to a haunted house with my actual boyfriend.

"Don't dress up too much, cause you will get dirty. I can't wait Jay, we gone have hella fun mane." Sydney ran beside me on the track.

I really love the connection I'm making with Sydney. I know it's weird, but like I've said before I really don't get along with other females. I can already tell tonight is going to be amazing.

Later on that night...

Ring ring...

"Hello." I answer the phone.

"Come outside." Trae told me.

I hung up the phone and looked in the mirror. I was wearing a glittery jacket from PINK with a pair of black shorts and my G Nikes. I brushed my hair praying that it wouldn't get puffy when I got outside. Yes, I straightened my hair for this dude. I hardly ever straighten my hair, but for Trae... I did it. My hair straightened went to my mid back. I didn't want to keep him waiting, so I made my way outside.

"Have fun on your date baby." My mother says, waving bye.

"It's not a date, but ok."

"You not about to just go nowhere without bringing him in first." My grandma butts in.

I didn't want Trae to come in, but my granny wouldn't let me leave if he didn't. I stick my head out the door and signal for him to come in. He looks at me funny and I can tell he really didn't want to. Trae then slowly gets out of the car and proceeds to the house. He walks into the house trying to look all innocent.

"Hellooooo..." Trae waves at my mother and grandma.

"How you doing? I'm Jakiyah's grandmother." My grandma gives him a hug.

"And I'm her mother. Nice to meet you."

I don't know why, but I'm embarrassed as hell right now. Trae introduced himself and now everybody in the room is just looking at each other.

"Well, we should go now." I say before anything happens.

"It's something about him, I don't like it." I hear my granny whisper as we head out the door.

My grandma wouldn't bite her tongue for nobody. I'm surprised she didn't say it in front of Trae's face. My grandma is one of those old people who just don't care anymore. She need to be sleep as late as its getting, it's passed her bedtime.

"So I'm meeting the family already?" Trae jokes with me.

"My grandma just wanted to see you, that's all."

We get into the car and I don't even think Trae noticed my hair, until he finally spoke up.

"What happened to your hair mane?" He smirked.

"You don't like it?" Damn, I wish I wouldn't have done it now.

"Yeah. I just like the natural look better on you." He continued to drive.