Chapter 52: Wakeup Call

I'm exhausted as hell, but overjoyed that my little man is here. While I was in labor I was so scared because it felt like I was about to die. Natural birth is no joke. Trae did good making sure I was comfortable and I'm happy I had a good delivery team. When I was giving birth I was shocked to see Trae crying like he was, I thought I would've been crying first but he broke down. And I knew that Derrick looked like Trae from the ultrasounds, but in person you can already tell they have the same features. I'm so in love with my son and I wouldn't trade him for anything in this world.

"How was your nap?" Trae asked me.

"Cool, I couldn't really sleep." I gently smiled.

"Welp, we straight parents now. Soon Derrick gone be balling in the mix with his pops." He grinned super hard.

As I was about to say something back, I looked over to my nurse bringing Derrick back into the room. I was so happy to see him again I couldn't wait to hold him.

"Feeding time." She smiled handing me my whining baby.

I pulled down my gown some and started feeding him. Breastfeeding is something I have to get used to since I'm new to it, but I'm sure I'll grow to love it. His little fingers wrapped around my pointer finger and I melted on the inside. I then made room on the bed for Trae to sit next to me.

"Can I hold him when you're done?" He ran his finger across Derrick's cheek.

"Sure." I responded.

As I continued to feed him the nurse and Sydney brought in gifts that people bought for me. I admired all the balloons and cards they showed me. In between that, my dad FaceTimed me and I happily showed him his first grandchild. It was so adorable because when I finished feeding him he smiled a little bit and he has a dimple. Trae quickly swooped him up and burped Derrick. All three of us sat there like a little happy family and Trae's phone started ringing.

"What's up, Chris bro?" He spoke into the phone.

"Mane, she had the baby today. This morning around 10.... You know I gave him my pops first name. Say hi twin." He put the phone close to Derrick.

I let him talk to Chris and I started a conversation with Sydney.

"You're next, Syd. Derrick's going to need a playmate or two." I joked with her.

"Nah, lil Trae is the only baby I'm fooling with right now." She laughed.

We continued to talk to one another and Trae got off the phone and began playing with the baby. He started to rap a song from a DJ Screw mix and Derrick kind of opened his eyes and started staring at Trae. Slowly but surely he fell asleep as Trae continued the song.

"Knock, knock." A female voice said walking into the room.

Everyone looked over at the door to see Jermaine and his mom. Sydney cleared her throat but sat still in her seat. Trae stood up with the baby to greet his family. I'm in so much pain, I'm not getting up.

"Awwww, he's the cutest little thing. And I'm not just saying that cause I tell it like it is." His aunt laughed.

"Congrats y'all, we brought something." Jermaine sat a bag down next to me.

"Thanks you guys, we appreciate it." I smiled.

Trae didn't want to let the baby go, but he let his aunt hold him for a little while. Even Jermaine wanted to hold Derrick and Trae was ready for both of them to hand his son over. Derrick's going to be a spoiled little boy, I can already tell.