Chapter 35: Uneasy

Today my dad and his wife are coming in from Atlanta to visit me. He missed my graduation because of his job so he said he wanted to come this week. I'm not really excited to see him, but I hadn't seen him in a while. I'm kind of nervous for him to see me pregnant and I hope he doesn't act all crazy about it. Yesterday over the phone he told me he wanted to meet Trae so we're all going out to eat in a few hours.

"How come you not getting ready yet? Your daddy is already in town, he's just settling in at the hotel." My mom said as she watched me eat apples and peanut butter.

"Huh. What you want me to dress up? What's wrong with what I got on?" I caught an attitude.

"Well first off! You have that damn bonnet on your head still. And you think you're the only one who doesn't want to go? I'm just trying to be mutual with your dad and his dumb ass wife." She snapped back at me.

"You damn right, cause I don't wanna go either. But your silly ass daddy might try and start some stuff so I'm bringing my knife and putting it in my purse." My granny motioned her pocket knife at me.

"I forgot I still had my bonnet on." I chuckled and snatched it off.

I stood up and went to my room to do something with my head. I didn't feel like untwisting my hair so I just wrapped my African print turban around my hair. I didn't bother to change clothes because we aren't going anywhere special. As I'm in my room, I looked on the dresser to see the letter Trae told me not to open while he was around. I almost forgot about it, so I guess right now is the perfect time to read it. It was a hand written letter, and for a boy I must say Trae has really neat penmanship.

I'm not used to being all lovey dovey, but I just can't help to be crazy over you. I can't imagine my life without you Jay and I wanna be with you forever. Some days I wake up and I'm upset about everything and then I realize the blessing that God sent me back in like September/October. The first time I laid eyes on you, I wanted you. I don't ever want to lose you again, I swear I don't. I promise I'm capable of loving, it's just hard for me to show it. That's one of the reasons I wanted you to read this at another time(hopefully you listened). If we ever get into it again, I want you to look at this letter and remember that I do love you. I love you with all my heart and some more. I know it's childish of me to be writing love letters and shit, but I know I wouldn't be able to say all this to your face. Love you future wifey.

- T Dawg from the Tre AKA your baby daddy lol💙

Awww, that was so cute of Trae. It's the little things that count with me. I took one last look at the letter and put it back on my dresser. Once I got finished I went back into the kitchen to finish my snack. Trae pulled up and my grandma let him in. He spoke to them and made his way into the kitchen and sat next to me.

"My bad I'm late, I had to drop some money off to my mama house and she wouldn't stop talking."

"It's fine, we're not ready anyway."

"No you're not ready, everybody else is." My mother chimed in.

"Now, Trae. My ex husband can be known to get under your skin. Don't let him bother you or upset you." My mom told him.

"I'm not tripping. I won't let him upset me."

Trae's saying that now, knowing damn well he's a hot head. Any little thing can piss Trae off and for real I already know him and my dad won't like each other. My daddy already talks stuff about Trae and hasn't even met him yet. I really didn't want Trae to come, but once I told him about it he was eager to meet my dad. I lowkey think both of them want to start trouble with one another.