Chapter 31: Mini Me

As I'm getting ready for my doctors appointment my mom knocked on the door. Yeah, I've moved back into my grandmas house. After a while she said she missed me and apologized for kicking me out. Now I kind of feel like things are going back to normal, I'm back to being their spoiled little princess. Surprisingly my dad is even sending gifts for the baby already, he was pissed at first, I still think he is though. I've started back doing my yoga and meditating which is putting me in awesome moods. Since I'm putting good energy into the universe, I believe things are starting to go well for me again.

"He's outside." My mother told me.

"It's 12:50, he's early." I finished putting a wrap over my hair.

I grabbed everything I needed and made my way outside. Trae got out the car and made his way to the passenger door. He opened the door for me and I gave him a slight smile before getting in the car. I'm not going to hold a grudge towards him, I'm trying to be as positive as possible right now. I have high hopes for my child so I'm going to make sure it's as healthy as possible.

"So I finally get to see my little one. My moms said she want some ultrasounds, if that's fine with you." He started driving to Chick-Fil-A.

"Yeah that's fine."

"I'm really excited about this mane. Like, I've never seen a baby on the lil screen before; only on pictures or TV." He grinned.

I didn't say anything back and I began scrolling my phone. He's holding regular conversation like nothing happened between us. I don't want to bring it up right now, but it's just awkward being around him.

"So is this the first time you been to the doctor since you found out?" He asked as we waited in the drive thru.

"Nope. I've been a few times since then."

"That's what's up. So what is it like? You know, being pregnant?"

I sat silent thinking of a way to explain to him. Then I pointed straight ahead to let him know it was his turn to order.

"Ughh yeah let me get a number 2 combo, with a lemonade. What you want, Jay?"

"A number 5, 12 count with a lemonade. I want that grilled chicken salad too."

He ordered the food and pulled up a little. I was now ready to answer his question.

"It's okay being pregnant. Lately I've been throwing up a lot and I get heartburn when I eat too fast. My boobs and butt are getting bigger, so I guess that's cool. Now I eat peanut butter with almost anything, so I guess that's one of my cravings. Two weeks ago I cried myself to sleep every night for a whole week because I wanted someone to hold me. Being pregnant has its ups and downs." My eyes watered due to my happiness.

"I swear I won't miss another moment of it. If you want I'll buy a lifetime supply of peanut butter." He awkwardly laughed.

He pulled up some more and paid the cashier. I grabbed my food from him and began eating. They only gave me two barbecue sauces which irritated me, but I didn't show it.

"So what happens when you go to the doctor? What is that like?" He shoved food in his mouth.

"They take tests, ask questions, stuff like that."

"Who does the baby look like?"

I looked at him with a straight face and said, "A alien, it looks like an alien."

Trae looked confused so I explained it better to him.

"It isn't developed enough to tell what it's going to look like. Last time I seen the baby it was like a tiny peanut with a big head. I think maybe next month we'll be able to tell a little better."