Chapter 39: Tha Crossroads

Trae's POV

Since my uncle died I can't seem to take my mind off of it. I'm really stressing, but I'm trying to be strong because I know I have a baby on the way. I didn't want to turn back to drugs, I couldn't help it though. That's been easing my pain and I need it for right now. I need to get out the house for a minute too, I'm going crazy in here. I'm a meet up with my homeboy from the northside and chill with him for a while.

I grab my shit and walked out the crib to the hot sun gleaming on me. I guess Jakiyah isn't home because her car isn't outside. Before I pull off I popped two pain pills and then I drove to my location. The neighborhood was quiet and it felt like I was the only one around. I looked to the sky to see the clouds big and closer than before. Shit, I need to make some moves while I'm on that side too. It didn't take me long to get on the northside and I waited outside the homie crib.

"What it do blood?" He asked with a red rag covering his face.

"Mane, take that shit off. You know I don't do that gang banging shit."

"Well I do that gang banging shit nigga."

"Whatever bro. You tryna slide with me to sell this work?" I asked him as I drove around.

"Hell yeah, you gotta put me on mane." He eagerly said.

I kept looking up at the sun because it was way too bright right now. For some reason I can't focus and it feels like I'm fading in and out. These drugs got me right and I'm high as fuck. I feel tingly and shit, I'm feeling this. I never felt this good before, it's like I'm floating on a cloud.

"You hear me nigga?" He asked me.

"What?" I wasn't even paying him any attention.

"I said you gotta put me on. I'm tryna get rich like you."

"Nigga I ain't rich till I hit a mil. And I'm not putting nobody on till my nigga Chris get out, and his ass ain't getting out no time soon." Shit, I can't even focus on where I'm driving.

He continued talking to me, but I ignored him because I'm lost as hell right now. This isn't normal for me, I know my way around Houston too well but for some reason I don't know where the fuck I'm going. Nothing looks familiar but I'm pretty sure I'm still on the northside. I don't even feel like myself, it's like I'm out my body or something. I hope I'm not bout to OD, that's not what I want.

"Nigga yo ass can't hear?!" He got loud with me and got close to my face.

"Mane, where the fuck am I? Fuck what you saying." I drove in circles.

"Bitch, you gone listen to me! You gone put me on this money shit! You think you hot out here, I'll show you hot nigga; I'll smoke yo ass. You need to be at the house worrying about your baby mama. You better be lucky ain't no niggas tryna tie her ass up." This nigga talking crazy.

"It ain't even that serious, broke ass nigga! Fuck out my car, hoe ass nigga." I was looking for my gun because I seen him reaching.

This game ain't for you. Don't be like me. I heard a familiar voice talk to me, it kind of sounded like my pops.

"What nigga? Get out my shit!" I was still looking for my gun.

"Leave them drugs alone lil nigga!" He pulled a gun out on me.

I finally found my gun on the side of me and I pointed it to his face. I don't even know why I picked this dumb nigga up. He got me out here lost and shit, now I'm a have to kill him. He let out a devilish laugh and sat his gun in his lap. I kept mines drawn and looked at him confused. I blinked once and I saw his face change to my uncle Rico's. My face dropped and I blinked again, but fast this time. Now it went from my uncles face to my dads, I'm really hallucinating.