Super(Man) SLAM!!

MOUNT JUSTICE - MAY 25th

9:01PM

Desmond sat in the lounge room, covered in bandages as Miss Martian gently dabbed a cotton bud on his swollen, bloodied cheek.

"Ouch..." he replied stiffly.

He sat there fuming to himself as realised the embarrassment of his situation.

He was currently covered in more bandages than a mummy, made a laughing stock in front of the whole Young Justice team and having an alien girl smear the most awful smelling disinfectant all over his face.

Just when he thought it couldn't get anymore embarrassing, Canary invited the whole Justice League over, asking them for their opinions on Desmond's training session, which she took the liberty of recording.

The League's shared expressions of disbelief said it all...

Superman watched the recording on the TV with a look of amazement, while trying not to have an reaction at all.

Wonder Woman watched attentively up until the scene where Desmond began talking. She didn't remove her palm from her face until the video finished.

Aquaman just looked disturbed.

Martian Manhunter had no reaction whatsoever. Desmond couldn't tell if he was being his normal self or just appalled.

Captain Marvel seemed more emotional, he couldn't stop laughing and mimicked every hit Canary landed on Desmond, acting like a little kid the whole way through...

Flash watched the whole thing with his mouth agape in shock, especially when Desmond insulted Canary.

Green Lantern shared Wonder Woman's reaction, but was less obvious about it.

And finally Batman, who just watched it with a flat, apathetic face, like he already knew what was going to happen.

Desmond was completely certain that this was the most embarrassing moment of his life.

After watching three times, Canary moved forward and turned the TV off.

"That was...disappointing..." Aquaman said.

Wonder Woman half-nodded, half-groaned in agreement.

"I've seen infants put up more of a fight..."

Desmond clenched his teeth, his anger beginning to swell.

The Flash looked in Martian Manhunter's direction, his mouth still wide from shock.

"Did he..." he stammered. "REALLY call Canary a b-"

"Yes, he did..." Canary growled with folded arms, her nails digging into her sleeves.

"Wow." Flash said to Desmond. "You're a brave kid..."

Captain Marvel was still laughing and was nearly on the floor.

"Did you see the way Canary hit him?!" he said through his laughter. "It was like 'ka-boosh!!'!"

Desmond looked at him with disbelief.

"What are you?" he asked angrily. "A child?"

Captain Marvel went quiet as the Young Justice members cleared their throats nervously.

"But, yeah..." Marvel note as he scratched his hair. "That was some pretty sucky fighting..."

Desmond curled up his fist on the armrest...

The Justice League members turned around and faced each other in a circle and began to discuss what they saw.

"Too un-coordinated..." Green Lantern remarked. "He lacked combat focus."