Phase Two

MOUNT JUSTICE - August 21st 

 10:36PM

A few hours after the Team returned to the Cave, Megan arrived.

Although the city of Chicago said they were more than happy to hold a service for Manhunter, Megan took his body back to Mars to be buried with traditional Martian rites.

As soon as she did arrive, Connor and the others, with the exception of Dick, all went up to her and pulled her into a small, group embrace.

Megan made a small sob as she buried her face deeper into Connor's shirt.

"I tried to get through to him..." she cried. "I tried to get through to Desmond...But I couldn't..."

She began to cry louder as Connor stroked the back of her hair.

"You tried Megan..." he whispered. "It wasn't your fault...There was nothing you could have done..."

Megan clenched her hand around a part of Connor's shirt, just as Connor's fist clenched around Megan.

"It was the League's..."

Megan's eyes went wide as she and the rest of the Team looked at Connor with shock.

"Connor!" Kaldur exclaimed. "What are you say-"

Suddenly, the Zeta-Tubes buzzed to life:

"Recognised..." the computer chimed. "Superman: Designation 01 and Wonder Woman: Designation 03..."

As soon as the two League members came through the Tube, Connor let go of Megan, his face contorted with rage.

"Guys..." Superman said with a distressed face. "We need to talk..."

Connor growled at Superman, hunkering down into an attack stance.

"Damn right we do!!"

And without another word, he lunged at Superman, his eyes firing like a wild animal.

"Connor!" Megan screamed out.

Superman was flat on his back, trying to push away Connor's fists like one would try to push away the jaws of a vicious dog.

"Superboy?!" he groaned. "What's the meaning of this?!"

"It's your fault!!" Connor roared at him. "You and the League! It's your fault Desmond betrayed us!!"

Superman groaned louder and threw Connor into the roof.

"What are you talking about?!"

Connor pulled himself away from the rock and jumped down to the floor on one knee.

"You accused him of conspiring with Savage! Right in front of him!!"

Superman's eyes went wide.

"You drove him away and back to Savage! So ironically, YOU made your own assumptions real!!"

He lunged at Superman again, but this time, he was intercepted by Wonder Woman.

"Superboy!" she yelled firmly, trying to keep her arms together. "Stop this farce!!"

But Connor kept shoving his shoulder forward.

"Get outta my way!!"

He slammed her against Superman and was about to start punching them until the Team jumped up from behind him and began pulling his arm back.

"Connor!!" Artemis yelled as she held back his elbow. "That's enough!!"

Connor yelled and groaned with effort.