Merciless Mind

METROPOLIS - August 29th

8:02PM

Desmond roared with rage and threw a great beam of green energy from his fist, which flew at the Team with murderous intent.

But Superboy jumped in front of it, his arms thrown in front of his face, taking the full brunt of the attack.
He flew backwards into the wall, smoke rising from his clothes as Megan flew down to him.

"CONNOR!!" she called out.

Desmond began laughing coldly at Superboy's fallen form.

"How pathetic." he scoffed. "The most powerful one out of everyone here and I ALWAYS kick your ass first!"

He was about to launch another beam, but Megan met his gaze with blazing, enraged green eyes.

Suddenly, Desmond's head began to throb painfully. He put his hands on either side of his head, as if he were trying to stop it from splitting apart.

"Get...out...of my...HEAD!!!" he screamed at her.

He slammed another green beam of energy at her, which made her fly up into the roof and crash back down.

Desmond wiped the edge of his eyes just as a lightning fast, yellow blur flew straight at him with a scream of anger.

But Desmond threw his fist down just before Kid Flash reached him, knocking him down and grabbing him by the ankles.

When Artemis began loading her bow, Desmond whirled around, still holding Kid Flash by his ankle and threw him at her.

"Delivery for Artemis!!" he laughed.

And before she could react, Kid Flash slammed into her body and they both hit the floor hard, knocking them both out.

When Desmond turned back around, a cable suddenly flew out and wrapped itself around him and pulled itself taut.

"Just give up, Desmond!!" Robin yelled. "You need to be stopped!!"

Desmond scoffed and crouched down slightly.

"And YOU, my dear Robin, need to hold on!!!"

And before Robin could react, Desmond ran at an impossible speed for the wooden wall to his right. Just before he hit the wall, he suddenly phased through it, leaving Robin to collide into the wall dead on.

But he was able to turn slightly, his arm colliding with the wall with a loud snapping sound.

Robin screamed in pain just as Desmond's fist lashed out from beyond the wall, slamming into Robin's face, knocking him to the ground.

Desmond came out from the wall just as Robin got to his feet, his batarang held aloft like a dagger.

But Desmond caught his wrist and began squeezing it tightly, making Robin grunt in pain.

"You know Dick," he chuckled. "Zatanna really is a good kisser."

Robin growled in rage just as Desmond's knee slammed straight into his stomach and he was flung aside.

"I can see why you like her..."

Robin was about to say something back to him, but fell unconscious.

Desmond chuckled again, but before he could look back at the conscious members, a large, sledgehammer shape flew into his face, knocking him off his feet.

Desmond cartwheeled back onto the ground and saw several large, tendrils of water floating around Aqualad, who looked even more angry than everyone else.