Unite the Seven!!

CAPE CANAVERAL - August 22nd

1:36AM

It had taken more than twenty minutes, but the Team were finally able to subdue Superboy. After twenty minutes of hesitance, destruction and panic, all it took was a Kryptonite infused tear gas canister.

But the destruction Superboy had caused was great. The whole Cape Canaveral airbase was littered with smouldering plane and shuttle parts, as if someone had dropped a flaming glass ball onto the base. The quiet sounds of night life had been superseded by the radio chatter of police radio and ambulance sirens, not to mention the heavy splashing and gushing sounds of water being doused around the area from Aqualad and the fire trucks.

Superman had also arrived to help clean up the debris, which may have taken a fair while, but was helpful to the emergency crews nonetheless.

"We've got this Superman..." a man in a dusty firefighters uniform told him. "You just make sure those kids are OK."

Superman nodded gratefully and flew over to Dick and Megan, who were keeping a close eye on Connor.

He was unconscious, but kept wincing and turning his head in pain, as if he was having a nightmare, while Megan held her glowing hands close to his head.

"How's he doing?" Superman asked.

Megan sighed with worry, holding her glowing hands near Connor's sweat stained head.

"I'm getting there, but Desmond really made a mess of his mind. He didn't just plant an order in his head, he made the order and then wrapped it in all this other stuff..."

"Stuff?" Dick asked, tapping a hologram on his gauntlet.

"It's like the order is inside a tangled ball of thread..." Megan explained. "If I pull the wrong thread, then it could kill him..."

You didn't have to be a Martian telepath to understand how bad Connor's situation was.

Superman then looked to Dick, whose face was flooded with anxiety.

"Is it true?" Superman asked fearfully. "Are Hawkman and Hawkwoman..?"

Dick nodded sadly.

"Yeah..." he said. "Desmond killed Hawkman before we got there and then he killed Hawkwoman before messing up Superboy's head..."

Superman sighed sadly and looked down, ashamed that he wasn't able to do anything to save them.

"There was nothing you could have done, Superman..." Megan told him. "Don't beat yourself up over it..."

Superman sighed.

"I know but-"

"She's right!" a familiar voice laughed nearby. "There wasn't anything you could have done!"

Superman looked around with panic until Dick called out his name.

"Superman!" he exclaimed. "On the projection!"

Dick enlarged the projection that hovered above his gauntlet, which showed Desmond smiling evilly at them.

"DESMOND!!" Superman growled.

Desmond leaned closer to the projection, his smug, sadistic grin filling up the whole screen.

He looked around at the group's faces.

"That's enough outta you," he curtly told Superman. "Where's that destructive little puppet of mine? About yay high? A fetish for tight black shirts? A Jawline for weeks?"

He looked over in Megan's direction as Connor made a small groan of pain.

"Whoa!" Desmond remarked. "Looks like I overdid it a bit!" 

Superman grabbed Dick by the arm and glared into the projection.

"What do you want?!"he demanded.

"Quid pro quo, Superman." Desmond smirked. "I can't help but notice that my Mimic Contingency is taking a LITTLE bit longer than I thought. Even with the hero I just killed, about three more of you should be dead by now..."

His smile grew even wider, almost as if he was slowly going mad.

"I don't suppose you could be a dear and get yourself and the rest of the Original Seven down here for a chat could you? Just come down here and we get to have a reunion, you get an explanation to my plan..."

His smile turned into a scowl.

"...And I get to kill you all right in front of the world..."

A small chill went down everyone's spines as Desmond clapped.

"Everybody wins!"

Then he stepped back.
"Might want to hurry though, because waiting for you guys has made my patience STRETCH a little thin..."

He pointed upwards. 

Everyone's eyes went wide with horror when they saw the frozen form above Desmond.

"Plastic Man!!!" Dick exclaimed.

Superman's fists began to shake. It was Plastic Man, but he was frozen and coiled around the pillars near Desmond, like a giant, frozen snake.

"YOU BASTARD!!!" Superman roared.

Desmond put a finger to his ear, mocking Superman's rage. "Have I got your attention now?" 

Superman bit his lip.

"When and where?" he growled.

Desmond smiled and twirled his metal cane over his shoulder.

"Thessaly, Greece." Desmond told him. "No time limit, I'm a patient person..."

He looked in Dick's direction.

"Dick has probably been tracing this conversation the whole time, so I'm sure he can give you an exact location..."

Dick frowned. Desmond read him too easily.

"See you soon, Superman..." he chuckled.

The message was quickly terminated as Superman pushed the communicator in his ear.

"Superman to Watchtower..."

There was a small fizz of static before Wonder Woman answered.

"I read you Superman..."

"Call Hal, Arthur and Barry. I want you all to meet me at the coordinates I'm sending you now!"

Superman could practically hear Wonder Woman's jaw drop when she saw the coordinates.

"Thessaly?!" she exclaimed. "Why there?"

"There's no time to explain, but Desmond's there and he's got Plastic Man..."

Wonder Woman gasped.

"Desmond?! He's there?!"

"Please Diana, just meet me there as soon as you can. This time, we take Desmond down..."

And without another word, he turned off his communicator and flew off into the sky with a loud 'boom', his speed increasing in tandem with his anxiety.

"Desmond..." he thought angrily. "You'd better get ready..."

The Original Seven's remaining members have been gathered! 
How will they react to Desmond's scheme?!
Will they be able to beat Desmond?
Or is even the combined strength of the League's strongest members not be enough to beat Desmond's omnipotent power?

Will another Justice League member fall to Desmond..?

Find out in the next chapter! Be sure to vote if you enjoyed the chapter and PLEASE comment your feedback, theories on Desmond's plot and even just your thoughts on the story so far! :D 

- Kai-Shiro :D