Agamemnon Contingencies

THE BATCAVE - August 3rd

7:21AM

When Desmond exited the Zeta-Tube, he found himself in a dark cavern, almost exactly like Mount Justice, but with much darker rock.

The whole room had metal stairwells and flooring built into it and in the centre of the room was the largest computer Desmond had seen in his whole life.

But the most conspicuous things in the room was the large case of suits exactly like Batman's an the countless bats that hung from the ceiling.

Desmond knew where he was immediately.

"Batman?" he asked as he walked to the computer. "Why did you bring me here?"

Batman was quiet, but turned to face Desmond after he pressed a single key on the computer.

"Desmond," he began. "It's important that you know, that the files on this computer are in no way an act of distrust or treachery towards the League."

Desmond was confused.

"What do you mean?"

The screen bathed the whole cavern in a pale blue colour.

"The members of the Justice League are my friends, Desmond." Batman continued. "But my friends are also the most powerful people on the planet and all have the capacity to do incredible damage to the world if they chose a different path than the on they walk right now..."

Before Desmond could ask him what he was talking about, Batman suddenly spun around to face the computer.

"Agamemnon Contingency." Batman said to it. "Code, Delta-Charlie: 27-5-1939."

"Access Authorized." The computer replied.

In only a few seconds, the computer screen was covered in countless files, all of which disturbed Desmond greatly.

Desmond's eyes went wide as he approached the computer, gazing at the files with awe.

There were files all over the screen, all right down to behavioural analysis and a head-to-toe description of all the League's members.

There were recordings playing, logs of Batman's voice detailing all the battles the Justice League were involved in.

There were at least twelve videos playing on a loop. Videos of Wonder Woman's fighting style, Superman's reaction time, the time gap between Captain Marvel's 'Shazam' incantation and the Flash reaching his highest speeds.

But the most disturbing files covered the screen as soon as Desmond saw the videos.

These files were filled with strategies, more specifically, strategies to neutralise the individuals named on the files.

File "Last Son" had seven different strategies, all on how to weaponize Kryptonite. They ranged from air dispersion, laser beams shot from a small, sonic rifle right down to Kryptonite imbued bullets.

File "Red Sands" was an arsonist's field day. The file was filled with countless ways to influence, control and weaponize fire, right down to subliminal messaging and nanotechnology.

Desmond skim read each file and then, to his horror, realised what he was reading.

"Contingency Plans..."

Batman was silent, out of either guilt, or to give Desmond more time to study the files.

"Plans to take down the Justice League! Every one of them!!"

He spun around and looked at Batman with disbelief.

"Why do you have all these?!"

Batman looked at him, guilty resolve in his eyes.

"The Justice League are the most powerful people in the world Desmond." he told Desmond. "They all possess the power to destroy this and other worlds if they wish."

Desmond still wasn't convinced.

"We have fought countless meta-humans, Desmond, many of them with the ability to influence and control people and their actions."

Batman sat down on the swivel chair and looked at the computer screen.

"Imagine this, Desmond. The whole League falls prey to those powers, their minds under the complete influence of a psychopath. Then, he gives the League an order, one that could be catastrophic for the whole world..."

Desmond realised what Batman was talking about.

"Destruction." Desmond answered, a chill going down his spine.

Batman nodded.

"Superman has enough power to level whole cities in only a few hours. Imagine the devastation that the League could cause and how powerless the human race would be to stop it. THAT is why I made these plans you see before you, so if something like that happens, we can make a stand against them."

Desmond felt completely overwhelmed. Here, in the lair of one of the Justice League's most respected members, were plans that could neutralize, and by extension, kill all of it's members in one fell swoop. And Batman had trusted him so openly with this? Why did he show him one of his most closely guarded secrets?!

"Why are you showing me this?" Desmond asked.

Batman sighed and stood up to look Desmond in the eye.

"Like I said, the Justice League members are my friends. But they are, first and foremost, the most powerful beings ever assembled."

He reached for his cowl.

"I brought you here to show you, that it's not you I don't trust Desmond..."

Suddenly, Batman took his cowl off.

"...It's your powers and the danger that they can pose."

Desmond was completely awestruck.

"Bruce WAYNE?!"

Batman, or Bruce Wayne rather, nodded firmly.

"But the part of your powers that worry me Desmond," he continued. "Is that when you copy a League member's powers, you don't possess any weaknesses. So if you went rogue..."

"I'd be unstoppable..." Desmond realised with horror. "I could kill the whole human race..."

"That is why, Desmond, I am going to ask you a question and I want a straight answer from you."

Another chill went down Desmond's spine.

"Do you believe that somewhere in the future, you will pose a threat to the world?"

Batman shows Desmond the Contingency Plans?! The Light is now making a move towards Desmond!? Is Batman's warning to Desmond correct?! Does Desmond pose a threat to the Justice League and the world as a whole?!

These questions will be answered VERY SOON in the events that build up to PART III, events that will rock the Young Justice and the League teams to their core! 
If you think there has been some twists and plot developments on the story so far, you haven't seen anything yet! :D

Be sure to vote if you enjoyed the chapter and comment your thoughts and what YOU think will happen later :D

- Kai-Shiro :D