Post- First Mission Drama

MOUNT JUSTICE - July 27th

11:00PM

The computer's metallic voice and the heavy whirring of the Zeta Tubes were music to Wally's ears.

"Recognized:" the voice declared. "Artemis: B07 and Mimic: B10..."

Before Artemis and Desmond could even fully materialize, Wally was already running through the corridors to the Mission Room.

"Artemis!!" he called out with relief. "I've been so worried about you!"

But he stopped when he saw Artemis being carried in Desmond's arms.

"WHOA!!" he yelled out as he ran to Desmond angrily. "Hands off my girlfriend!!"

He went to take Artemis from Desmond's arms, just as the latter's eyes went wide with worry.

"Wait Wally!" Desmond warned him. "Be careful or you'll-"

But Wally took Artemis, who suddenly screamed out in pain.

"Artemis, what's wro-"

Suddenly, he noticed a smear of blood on his t-shirt and a bloody bandage on Artemis' right arm, which she clutched tightly with a pained face.

"...Or you'll re-open the wound..." Desmond finished.

Wally's eye widened.

"Wound?!"

Desmond sighed and tried to think of a way to explain to Wally about the situation they were just in.

"I got shot..." Artemis muttered.

Wally's jaw dropped.

"You got shot?!" he asked her loudly.

Then he looked at Desmond, seething with rage.

"What did you do?! What happened?!"

Desmond was about to speak before Artemis placed her hand on Wally's chest.

"It's OK, Wally..." she told him weakly. "It wasn't his fault..."

Wally looked at her angrily.

"It doesn't matter! He should have been looking out for you!!"

Artemis looked away sadly.

"Do you have some sort of grudge against me?!" he snapped at Desmond. "First my couch, TV and then my GIRLFRIEND?! Do you want me to suffer or something?!"

Desmond couldn't bother keeping calm anymore.

"Wow, Wally!" he yelled at him. "So you're going to compare a TV and couch to your girlfriend?!"

Wally growled and put Artemis down before charging at him.

"I don't give a crap about them!!!" he roared as Desmond blocked his fists. "I care about the fact you let the most important person to me get hurt!!"

He roared and threw Desmond to the floor, leaning over him menacingly.

"You let Artemis get hurt!!"

Desmond wrapped his leg around Wally's ankle and shoved him to the ground, reversing their positions.

"Wally, STOP!!!" Artemis pleaded.

"I SAVED Artemis!!" Desmond yelled at him. "If I hadn't thrown her off that building, she would have been blown away!!"

Wally's eyes went wide with shock, then became totally enraged.

"You threw her off a building?!"

Desmond realized what he had just said.

"That's not the point! The point is-"

"You threw my girlfriend off a FREAKING BUILDING?!?!"

He yelled with effort and threw Desmond straight into the cavern walls and began to rapidly punch him in the face.

"You're DEAD!!!"

Desmond caught Wally's fist and wrapped his hands around Wally's head before slamming his face into his knee.

"Shut up!!"

He slammed the back of his fist into Wally and sent him flying into the next wall.

Before Wally could recover, Desmond grabbed him by the collar.

"Sportsmaster was there, Wally!!" he screamed at him.

Wally's face suddenly relaxed and his eyes went wide with regret.

"Sportsmaster..?"

He looked towards Artemis, who looked back, tearing up as she laid on her side.

"Artemis...I'm sorry..." he apologized. "That couldn't have been easy..."

Desmond let go of Wally's collar and stood up, panting.

"The wound has been cleaned," he told Wally. "but you'll need to stitch it back up and put a new bandage on it..."

Wally looked at him, his whole face washed with guilt.

"Sorry man..." he muttered. "Thank you..."

But Desmond had already begun walking down the hall, completely exhausted.

He finally reached his room door and was so exhausted, he dropped onto the bed face first, regardless of the pain that Wally's beatings had given him.

"All this drama in the first mission..." he muttered to himself. "What's going to happen in the next one?"

All that drama and only in ONE mission! :o What drama could arise from the next mission? What will the next mission be? Who will it be with?

What villain will Desmond face next..?

Find out on the next chapter! :D In the meantime be sure to comment your feedback and vote if you enjoyed the chapter :D

- Kai-Shiro :D