Teekl's Favour

NEW ORLEANS - August 2nd

2:30PM

"Oh dear," Klarion chuckled as his energy tightened around Zatanna's waist. "Looks like you're in trouble, copycat..."

Desmond shook his head.

"Then I guess that means you are too..."

Klarion looked at him with anxiety.

"Klarion, are you familiar with the term 'Mexican Standoff'?"
Klarion's smug features seemed confused, but only for a moment.

"Is that some little kid's game?" he scoffed.
Desmond shrugged.

"Just depends on what you're fighting over."
Desmond began to stride around the room, his gentle footsteps echoing across the stone floor almost menacingly.
Even Klarion was starting to become worried. Not frightened, but wary of the amount of confidence that Desmond was exuding.
"Basically," Desmond began. "It's where two powerful individuals, not unlike ourselves have resorted to bluffs or hostage taking after finding battle pointless or exhausting."

Desmond stopped pacing and inclined his head towards Zatanna, who was writhing in pain.

"For example, you have Zatanna. If I were to move, she would probably die, which would mean I lose and if you were to move, I'd kill my hostage, which means YOU lose."

He shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Do you see what I'm getting at?"

Klarion's confusion vanished and he began to cackle madly.

"Sounds like a fun game, copycat..." he said to Desmond. "Except you don't have a hostage!!"
Desmond appeared shocked, which fuelled Klarion's ego.

Until, Klarion realised that Desmond was mocking him and was in fact, bursting with laughter.

"What's so funny?!" Klarion screamed at him. "Don't you DARE laugh at ME!!"

Desmond stopped laughing and cleared his throat.

"Sorry, that was unprofessional of me..." he chuckled.

Klarion growled at him angrily, his smug composure crumbling from underneath him.

"Anyway, you were saying that I don't have a hostage?"

Klarion looked t him with disbelief.

"Are you deaf or something?!" he snapped. "We're the only people in the room, you stupid BRAT!!!"

Desmond looked insulted, upset almost. But this expression disappeared as Desmond began to pace again, only this time, the pace was even more menacing, almost like a lion circling it's prey.

"Only people, huh?" Desmond repeated. "Well then tell me Klarion..."

He stopped.

"Where is your cat?"

Klarion's eyes went wide with horror.

He looked away from Desmond and began to flick his head around in all directions worriedly. If Klarion had a heart, it would be pounding in fear.
"Teekl?!" he yelled out. "Where are you?! Teekl?!"

His reply was a small meowing in Desmond's direction.

Klarion looked back towards Desmond and saw Teekl nuzzling up to Desmond's ankles, purring slightly.
"Teekl?!" he screamed out. "What are you doing?!"

Teekl ignored him and began to stride around Desmond's foot.

"Teekl! Get back over her, you stupid CAT!!"

Teekl looked back at Klarion with distaste and hissed.

Klarion growled angrily again and looked at Desmond with even more anger.

"How are you doing that?!" he screamed at him. "Teekl HATES humans! Teekl only acts like that when he's near my power-"

Desmond suddenly began to smirk.

"Wait a minute..." Klarion muttered.

He remembered back to when he choked Desmond, who put his hands around his arm in which Klarion thought was defence.

"You DIDN'T!!!"

Desmond laughed and picked up Teekl, who was almost euphoric.

"Yeah, looks like there's two Lords of Chaos right now..."

Klarion growled and looked back up to Zatanna with his palm outstretched.

"Don't." Desmond said firmly. "You twitch a finger at Zatanna and I burn this furball alive..."

He scowled.

"And before you vanish, I will beat and break you so badly, you won't want to come back here..."

Klarion looked back and forth between Desmond and Zatanna, his face contorted with helpless rage.

"Let her go..."

It was hard to tell who was panicking more out of Zatanna and Klarion.

Klarion bit his lip and released the energy around Zatanna, who fell to the floor gasping for air and groaning with pain.

"Good." Desmond said.

But suddenly, Desmond threw Teekl into the air towards Klarion and shot a beam of red energy straight towards it, which made Teekl hiss loudly in pain.

"No! TEEKL!!" Klarion screamed out.

Teekl hit the floor, meowing weakly in pain. It wasn't dead, but it had been hit hard enough to make Klarion start to hum with energy.
He knew he had to retreat.

"Another thing about Mexican Standoffs, Klarion." Desmond told him. "Sometimes one of the players cheat."

Klarion screamed in fury before disappearing into a red portal with Teekl in tow.

Desmond walked to Zatanna and helped her up. Instead of thanking him, she kept staring at him and the spot where Klarion just vanished from, completely awestruck.

"Desmond..." she began. "How did you..?"

"I don't know." he said. "But let's go back to the Cave."

Desmond was able to copy Klarion?! Just how powerful are his powers becoming?! Are the team going to welcome this sort of change? Or are the League becoming worried?

Be sure to vote if you enjoyed the chapter and comment your feedback and what you want to see happen next :D

In the meantime, keep your eyes on the notifications, because you are NOT going to want to miss the next chapter. Let's just say, all of Desmond's potential will COME TO LIGHT...

Thanks guys! :D

- Kai-Shiro :D