Something To Be Seen

MOUNT JUSTICE - August 3rd

7:20AM

"Recognised:" The computer hummed. "Zatanna, Designation B08 and Mimic, Designation B10."

"There you guys are!" Robin called out as he ran to the entrance. "We got worried when we didn't pick up any transmissions!"

Desmond guiltily scratched the back of his head as Robin embraced Zatanna.

"Yeah..." he said. "Sorry about that..."

There was a gust of wind as Wally appeared next to Desmond, his arm and mouth filled with burritos.

"Whoa, dude..." he said, his nose wrinkled in disgust. "I don't wanna sound rude, but you STINK like a cat..."

Desmond made a quizzical look before smelling the corner of his hood. Wally was right, his clothes stank like fur.

"That was probably from Teekl..." Zatanna said.

Robin and Wally's jaws dropped.

"TEEKL?!" Robin exclaimed. "As in Klarion's cat?!"

Desmond nodded.

"Yeah, we kind of had a run in with him..."

Wally stared at Desmond with complete disbelief.

"A run in with him?!" Wally screamed out. "How are you treating it like it wasn't a big deal?!"

Desmond felt like he had done something wrong. The battle with Klarion was quite easy for him, so he saw no reason why he should have been worried about it.

"It wasn't that much of a deal, Dick." Zatarra assured Robin. "Desmond took care of it."

She beamed at Desmond with gratitude and praise, whilst Robin and Wally were just awestruck.

"You took Klarion on one-on-one?!"

Feeling like he had upset them somehow, Desmond was about to apologise, but Wally's laughter stopped him.

"Dude! That's awesome! We've never been able to defeat Klarion without Doctor Fate's helmet!"

"Yeah, Desmond!" Robin joined in. "That's amazing!"

Desmond began to blush slightly, not use to all the praise.

Suddenly, the Zeta-Tube came to life and Batman's silhouette appeared in the gateway.

"You should tell Batman how well you did Desmond!" Robin suggested.

Desmond wanted to tell Batman , but knew he wouldn't be as ecstatic as Zatanna, Wally and Robin were.

"Hey Batman!" Robin called out.

Batman stopped and looked down at Robin, who ran to him excitedly.

"Desmond kicked Klarion's butt!"

Even Batman seemed surprised, but only for a moment.

"Really?" he asked half-heartedly.

He looked at Desmond with the same apathetic gaze that he looks at all the League members with.

But there was something off about it this time...

"Robin," Batman said suddenly. "Gather the Team together, I have a new mission for you all."

Wally looked at Zatanna.

"Are you OK for another mission?"

Zatanna smiled and nodded.

Desmond was about to join the formation as well, but Batman held out a hand in front of him.

"Not you, Desmond." he said firmly. "You won't be a part of the mission."

Desmond was about to protest, but Batman turned away to debrief the Young Justice on their mission.

When the Team finally left, Batman began to type on the keyboard projection in front of him.

That was when Desmond snapped.

"Alright, what the hell is your problem?!"

Batman looked up at him and didn't say a word.

"Why are you always excluding me from missions with the whole Young Justice?! Why do you give me so few missions?!"

Batman was still silent.

"Do you hate me?! Do you think I'm not worthy to be here?! That I still can't control my powers?!"

"No." Batman finally replied. "It's not that at all..."

Desmond went quiet. Those were the only reasons Desmond could come up with as to why Batman was acting so wary of him.

If it wasn't for any of those reasons, then what was?

Batman finished typing up on the keyboard projection before he started towards the Zeta-Tube.

"Come with me, Desmond." he ordered. "There's something that you need to see..."

Desmond was hesitant, but soon ran after Batman, unaware of the secret he was about to be shown...

Something that Desmond needs to see? What is Batman going to show him?!

There are only SEVEN more chapters until Part III and you are NOT going to want to miss a single one! :D

What do you think will happen within those seven chapters? What do you think Batman will show Desmond?

More importantly, who else besides Desmond will be affected by these revelations..?

Be sure to vote if you enjoyed the chapter and comment your thoughts below! :D

- Kai-Shiro :D