Everyone For Themselves

GOTHAM CITY - November 12th

7:03PM

Robin and Artemis ran after the balaclava-clad man down the alleyway, their hearts pounding with anticipation and exhaustion.

They But when he turned back from his umpteenth glance, a large, metal cable suddenly snapped around his legs, slamming his ankles together and making him face-plant onto the ground.

He attempted to lift his head, but Robin dragged him up and slammed him face first into the wall, twisting his arm up behind his back with a loud click of bone.

He let out a pained grunt as Artemis aimed her bow at his face.

"Where's Ivo?!" Robin yelled.

The man panted into the cold, burgundy brick, his grunts of pain spitting saliva onto the wall.

"Who the hell's Ivo?!" he asked unconvincingly. "I don't know no-one with that name?!"

Not convinced, and running out of patience, Robin tightened his grip on the man's arm.

The arm's curled fist was starting to reach the top of his right shoulder with a small tearing noise.

"We know you've been the middle man in selling nanotechnology to Ivo!" Artemis growled as her fingers tightened on her bow. "You should at least know where you dropped them off at!!"

The man's grunts became so strained they started to sound like a whine. Robin could tell that he was about to crack, but still had some resistance left.

He felt the bones in the man's arms creak and groan with strain, knowing that a little more pressure would probably make him talk. But Batman had always strictly gone against maiming criminals, even in desperate scenarios.

Robin frowned with frustration.

The Justice League in danger? Their former friend gone rogue? Superboy on a rampage and in cahoots with a known super villain? This was beyond a desperate scenario.

Without a second thought, he pulled the man's arm upward, completely dislocating his arm.

The man let out a loud scream of pain as Artemis' eyes went wide with shock.

"Robin?!" she gasped. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"TELL US!!" Robin yelled at him. "Or I break the other one!!"

The man gasped and panted with pain and squinted his eyes.

"I don't know!" he screamed. "It was at some docks near Metropolis!!"

"Metropolis?!" Robin exclaimed, his grip loosening.

The man nodded as quickly as someone in his position could.

"Yeah! After I dropped them off, some kid with a Superman symbol on his shirt appeared and wouldn't stop staring me down until I left!!"

He let out one more pained scream before Robin let go of him, nudging his foot in the man's back in an effort to tell him to leave.

And even with a dislocated shoulder, the man ran away like a frightened rabbit.

As Robin let out a heavy sigh, Artemis looked him angrily in the eye.

"What the hell was that?!"

But Robin ignored her before quickly starting down the alley.

MOUNT JUSTICE - November 12th

8:23PM