Chapter 1

"I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together."
    Julia Roberts

As Roman sat on the short rolling chair watching as his wife lay motionless and helplessly in the hospital bed...after months of trying to find an update on her they had finally gotten in contact with the near by hospital even going through millions of 'on hold' calls...he thought he could run to her and being her into his arms but instead...he got the news...she was in a coma. He couldn't bare to imagine life without her,he just wanted her to wake up and to hug her and tell her everything was going to be okay.

Ever since he had met her sure a lot of thing had happened but he was willing to always be there by her side to help... From the small friendship...to learning her insecurities to asking her out to marriage he regretted the times he hurt he,he just wanted to make her feel like something she hadn't before and to help her realize the past is the past for a reason.

Roman and Alicia were what people first called an 'awkward' relationship but when Roman started proving all the things he meant and the big change in Alicia,they started to believe they were meant to be. When she said yes to both going out then marrying Roman's whole world had changed and he regretted nothing when it came to the topic of meeting her.

As Roman held his head with his arms on his lap he sighed. This wasn't how we wanted things to go...he knew things were going on with her but he thought she would take his advice and go to him like he's always done previously to help or comfort her. He had a whole lot more planned for them but now even though it killed him,he felt like the previous day was his last with her.

Roman's heavy eyes closed as he started to remember the view of Alicia being lifted onto the stretcher and loaded into the ambulance...day by day anxiety of when they're gonna hear from her,if she was okay...was she alive..

-------
About an hour later Roman figured a quick walk would help him calm down until he got some type of news. He had just reached the end of the hall to get to the elevator when he saw his dad walking his way...how'd he get here from FL so fast when he's just called him that morning.

"Dad?...hey,what are you doing here,well how did you get here so fast?"

"Son you know how we are when it comes to someone close to us,I was actually just passing through to get to some 'important file' your mother claims I need to get which why would it be this far,I don't know but enough about me,have you heard anything about her yet?"

Roman slyly shook his head. "No...nothing yet...dad it's been months and their just now contacting us and she's still out,they have to have something by now!"

"Well son,remember it's a coma those things are serious,sure it may take a while but there's gonna be something eventually...just stay positive alright?"

-----
Meanwhile,Alicia slowly started to wake,up,she groaned as she started to apply open her eyes,her first sight seeing her doctor who had just walked in who sent a welcoming smile.

"Ali,quit the sleeper,how're you feeling?"

"Like I've slept for three months." She mumbled running her hand over her face

"Well would you hate me if I told you...you really did." The doctor said walking over handing Alicia a water while adjusting her bed to where she could sit up more.

"I don't...even wanna know why." Alicia replied with a slight smile.

"Hun...I'm just glad to see you're alive."beer first thought was to go find Roman who she had told about Alicia's update and condition. "You stay put Hun,I'll be right back." As soon as she stopes out the room she saw Roman who was leaning on one of the walls at the end of the hall. "Roman!?" She called out.

He looked up I instantly rushing over to her. "Doc,is she okay?"

"She just woke up,I'm sure from what you've told me she's looking forward to seeing you."

"Thank you." Roman speed walked back to her room.  Entering the room he saw he twiddling around with her finger staring up at the ceiling. He missed seeing her bright eyes...just everything about her. "Al...Alicia." He finally got out.

Alicia looked towards him with a small smile but confused as he started walking closer to her.

"How are you feeling baby?" He asked holding her hand which she nervously pulled away.

"W...who are you...are you one of my doctors?"