9|last resort

-DISCLAIMER-

I do NOT own Teen Wolf

Double update for the double episode

To be completely honest, Magic Bullet is one of my least favorite episodes, but I'm still enjoying writing it hahaha.

Question of the Chapter - Which do you prefer, Scallison or Skira?

Please comment, share and vote!
----------

When he continued to glare, I threw my hands up in surrender, muttering, "Geez, I'm sorry I asked."

Derek rolled his eyes, before zoning back in on his conversation with the teen wolf.
"If you don't find it, then I'm dead, all right?"

"Why do I get the feeling we would all probably be better off?" I said under my breath, knowing full well that Derek would have heard me anyway, considering he has enhanced hearing.

But, Derek either wasn't concentrating on listening to me, or decided to ignore my snide comment. Either way, he didn't respond.
"Then think about this. The Alpha called you out against your will. He's gonna do it again. Next time, you either kill with him, or you get killed."

"Okay, I take back what I said. Please don't let this Alpha guy kill Scott," I said quickly.

He ignored me again. "So if you want to stay alive, then you need me. Find the bullet."

Derek hung up, most likely not giving Scott the chance to reply to his order. Not that they don't all know what Scott would have said. Like he would have had the guts to disagree with a guy that would probably kill him.

I thought about what would happen if Scott were to die. Melissa would most likely never recover. Hell, neither would Stiles or I. After I found out my dad had cheated on my mom, and then left us, I felt destroyed. Losing one of my best friends? I didn't even want to imagine.

"Alright, you're gonna help Scott if we save you? Then where are we taking you?"

When the three of us showed up at the Animal Clinic, Stiles unlocked a roller door out the back. As soon as we entered the room, the dogs started barking like mad.

They must have smelt Derek, or something like that. Dogs can smell each other, can't they? I'm pretty sure that's right.

Derek collapsed down onto a pile of dog food bags as Stiles' phone beeped.
"Does Nordic blue monkshood mean anything to you?"

"Sounds like something from 'Merlin' to me," I grinned, thinking back to the show.
It's a real shame they only did five seasons.

"Not the time, Riley."
I just shrugged him off, as we both turned to look at an exhausted Derek Hale.

It's not like all the plants and other things they mentioned in 'Merlin' were all made up. They could've mentioned Nordic blue monkshood at some point.

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane," he answered between heavy breaths. "He has to bring me the bullet."

"Are you kidding?" I laughed with little to no humour. "How the hell is he supposed to steal a bullet from hunters? They're experienced, and my guess is, they'll notice if even one bullet is missing."

"Why?" Stiles said over the top of me , talking to Derek.

Derek looked up at him with that whole serious-yet-brooding face he always did. "Because I'm going to die without it."

I chimed in, unwisely, again. "Are you sure you're not dead already? 'Cause you look pretty dead to me. Just saying."

"Damn it," my best friend muttered as he pulled his phone back out of his pocket. I leaned over, to see him text Scott.