27|it's complicated

-DISCLAIMER-

I do NOT own Teen Wolf

Comment, vote, fan, and let me know what you're thinking!

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!

*MERRY CHRISTMAS* FROM AUSTRALIA!

----------

I sat in my room later that night reading a book. After the ambulance had come and taken Lydia away, Stiles had taken me to pick my car up from the school and I had driven straight home. We had sat in silence the entire drive, and it was awkward.

Well, it was for me, since I was actually a part of our conversation earlier. I don't know why Stiles had been so quiet.

I heard a knock at my door, "I've already had dinner mum, I left some in the fridge for you," I said.

She walked in, her face plastered with a frown. "Honey, we need to talk."

I sat up straighter in my bed. "Sure, what's going on?"

"Why were you at the cemetery?"
She walked over to me, sitting down on the edge of my bed, her eyes never leaving my own.

My phone buzzed beside me, and I looked down at it, thankful for the distraction.
Isaac was calling me.

Why though?

"Riley, don't you dare answer that while I'm talking to you."
The sudden seriousness in her tone had taken me by surprise, leading to me laying my phone face up on my bedside table.
"Why were you at that funeral?"

I gulped, looking down at my lap. "Allison's my friend. I was supporting her."

"Well, that's nice of you, but that doesn't explain why the Sheriff caught you, Stiles and Scott lurking behind some statues in the cemetery."

My phone buzzed again, lighting up with Isaac's name.

I ran a hand through my hair. "We, uh, we weren't exactly officially invited. But Allison needed us there. She's having a really hard time right now, mum."

"That does't excuse your behavior lately, Riley. It's like I never see you anymore," She sighed.

Shaking my head I muttered, "I could say the same about you."

Her mouth opened to say something, but it didn't compare to how wide her eyes were. She pursed her lips, before standing up and patting down her pants.
"Go to sleep. I don't want you tired for school."

I felt regret grip at my throat and I shut my eyes, letting out a breath. "Wait, mum, I didn't -I didn't mean it like that."

"Go to sleep, Riley."
She walked out of my room, shutting the door behind her.

My phone buzzed again, and I picked it up and threw it across the room, before grabbing my pillow and screaming into it, wanting to be anyone but myself at that moment.

♡♢♤♧

Later on that night, I heard a tapping on my window. At first I assumed it had just been the tree branches being pushed by the wind.

It reminded me of that first night when Scott had been turned. The wind had been going crazy, and the tapping was unbearable.

When it didn't stop after a couple of minutes, I climbed out of my bed, rubbing my eyes groggily as I walked over to the window. I saw that no trees were hitting it and assumed I had been hearing things. It wouldn't have been the first time, that's for sure.