82|missing

There are so many scenes in this season that make me super sad.

----------

For the second time that day, I was being woken up by my phone ringing. Except this time, it was almost midnight and it wasn't Melissa, it was her son.

"Hello?" I answered groggily, wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

"Riley? Riley, something's wrong," Scott said quickly.

"Slow down," I instructed him, sitting up so I could concentrate.

Scott took a breath, "Stiles called me. He was really breathy and he was saying that he didn't know where he was."

I felt like someone was gripping my heart, the nails digging in deep. "What do you mean?"

"He kept saying that he was stuck, and that there was something on his leg that was stopping him from leaving." There was a bit of hesitation before he continued, but he knew he had to. "He also said that he was bleeding."

"Okay, if he's missing, I'm calling his dad. We need-"

"No," Scott interrupted. "He told me not to."

"I don't care."

"Riley, he was really serious about this. He made me promise."

"I didn't promise him."

"Then promise me," Scott said quickly. "Just give me time before you make me break my promise. We're heading over to his house now."

I clenched the phone harder in my hand, annoyed that he was holding off from calling the Sheriff. "Fine. I'll meet you there."

I hung up on him immediately after, rushing into some closes and out to my car. I made sure to leave a note on the bench for Charlotte for if she woke up and noticed me missing. The last thing I needed was her thinking that I wasn't listening to her new rules now that she knew what was really going on in our small town.

♡♢♤♧

When I got to Stiles' house, Scott and Isaac were already waiting out the front for me. We all rushed inside, racing through the halls to Stiles' room. I slowed down for a moment when I noticed that there were lights on. This was strange, because the Sheriff was at work. So who was here?

Rounding the corner and walking into Stiles' room, we saw Lydia and Aiden standing in the centre, staring at us.

"How did you know? Did he call you too?" Scott asked Lydia breathlessly.

"I heard it," Lydia said simply.

Before anyone could reply, Aiden shook his head. "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask."

"Okay. Not as confusing as this," Lydia almost whispered.
She turned around and gestured to the bed.

I don't know how I didn't see it when we first walked in. All of the red yarn which had been strung across Stiles' walls were now all tied to a pair of scissors. I would have been slightly less concerned if this pair of scissors weren't jammed directly into the centre of Stiles' bed.

"Red represents unsolved cases," I said softly.

Aiden shrugged somewhat, "Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?"

"Or is an unsolved case," Issac countered.

"I don't care," I told them all. "All I want is for someone to tell me how we're going to find him."

"Hold on," Lydia said quickly. "Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?"

"Lydia, if I knew where he was, I wouldn't be so freaked out right now."