67|the nemeton

We're nearly at the season 3A finale!

----------

As we sat, I noticed Stiles staring at me. "What's going through your head?" I asked him quietly.

"I just-" He started. "You can choke someone with the air around them, you obviously have some control over air. Why not use that to slow my breathing yourself."

Biting my lip, I shrugged somewhat, "This had to be something you had to do by yourself. I'm not going to force you out of a panic attack. Plus, I don't think I'd know how to do that."

He nodded slowly, thanking me again. He didn't have to, but he did anyway.

Stiles and I left the locker room hand in hand, meeting Lydia on the way out and heading directly to the parking lot.
"Hey, Ri, didn't your sister say you had an appointment with Morell today?"

My walking pace slowed for a moment, before I continued, "I think there are more pressing matters."

Stiles nodded at first, before he decided to slow. His eyebrows were pulled inwards, eyes focused in thought.

"Stiles? What are you thinking?"

He looked up at Lydia and I, eye widening somewhat, "Morell."
Without bothering to go into depth about whatever it was he was thinking, he turned around and walked away quickly, dragging me with him. I could hear Lydia's heels tapping fast as she tried to keep up.

When we reached Morell's office, Stiles pushed the door open without knocking, walking into the room. Lydia and I followed without question, knowing nothing would stop Stiles when he had an idea.

Stiles looked around, actually noticing that there was already a student waiting for the counsellor. "Are you here for Ms. Morell?"

"No. I thought this was gym class," she answered sarcastically.

Lydia rolled her eyes, whipping around to face her, "Sweetheart, we're not in the mood for funny. Do you know where she is?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be waiting here for twenty minutes," she answered, throwing her hands up. "So how about you three back out the door and wait your turn?"

Putting my phone back in my pocket, I smirked a little, "Technically, my turn is next."

"Riley, not right now," Lydia said beneath her breath. She then looked back at the girl, "We're not here for a session."

"Well, I am," the girl replied simply. "And I've got some serious issues to work on."

Stiles took half a step back, taking a better look at the girl. "Hey, wait, wait. You're Danielle. You're Heather's best friend."

"I was Heather's best friend. We've been working on that issue three times a week."
She looked away from us, most likely thinking about Heather. I couldn't say for sure, but I think I did see her at Heather's party that first night. The night everything began.

It felt like so long ago.

"Hold on, did you say Ms. Morell's twenty minutes late?" Lydia backtracked

She glanced up at Lydia, shrugging, "And I don't know why either. And she's always on time."

Thinking back to my sessions with her, I noticed the pattern that Heather's friend was pointing out. "I have to agree there," I told Lydia and Stiles. "She was never late. Not once."

Lydia nodded, "I was seeing her at the beginning of the semester. It was the same for me."

"Then she's not late. She's missing," Stiles concluded.