71|deja vu

And here comes Malia!

----------

The next day we drove down to the Tate residence with Sheriff Stilinski. He was hoping that Scott would be able to pick up on Malia's scent to find out what happened to her body the day of the accident.

"All right, I'll got talk to Mister Tate, you three, sneak in the back and catch onto her scent," The Sheriff instructed us. "I'd rather do this the legal way, but I doubt he'd be willing to let three teenagers into his dead daughter's room without a reason."

"Fair point," I agreed.

Scott nodded, "We'll be in and out, mister Stilinski."

The Sheriff nodded, before he walked to the front door of the Tate house. Scott, Stiles and I went around the back and found the back door.

Stiles took the lead, taking hold of the handle as he tried to open the door quietly. It creaked and he cringed, slowing all of his movements.

Scott covered his face as he watched Stiles in frustration, waiting as the boy continued to try opening the door silently. After a moment, Stiles pushed it open rather quickly, gesturing for Scott and I to go inside.

We did as we were told, scurrying into the house with Stiles right behind us. Once the door was shut, we began to investigate the room. Stiles went over to the bed and grabbed some children's teddies and handed them to Scott to get a scent.

He took a strong sniff, "All I'm getting is some animal smell."

"What kind of animal?" Stiles asked.

A growling from the hallway alerted me and I turned to see a very angry pet staring at us all. "I think it might be dog."

Stiles almost scoffed, "How would you know? You're not a were-" but he saw the dog before he finished his sentence. "Oh."
Stiles quickly shoved the bear inside of his jacket, his voice softening, "Hi, puppy." He then directed his voice to Scott, "Get rid of it."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. Glow your eyes at it, something, be the Alpha."

Scott turned to him, "I can't. I don't have control."

"Well, what are we supposed to do, then?" I asked them both, staring at the dog.

Stiles grabbed my hand, leading me back away from the dog slowly.
"Scott, buddy, you're going to have to try something."

The boy did as was asked if him, stepping forward hesitantly with a hand out in front of him. "Nice doggy. . ."

The dog didn't react kindly, however, beginning to bark like crazy. We all backed away from the dog, praying that it would stop.

"Apollo!" We heard a voice shout from another room. "Apollo, shut up! Shut the hell up!"

The dog immediately stopped barking, staring at the three if us quietly. At least Apollo was well trained, or this could have ended badly.

Apollo then proceeded to run out of the room. Giving it a second to know that he was really gone, Stiles went back to searching the room.

Picking up a copy of one of the books in 'a Series of Unfortunate Events', he handed it to Scott. "Here. Try that." Giving him a moment, Stiles then asked if Scott was able to pick up on anything.

The teen wolf shook his head, disappointment clear on his face. "All I'm getting is that dog."

Looking around, Stiles spotted a photo frame with Mr. Tate's two daughters in it. Grabbing out his phone, he snapped a picture of the photo.