72|werecoyote

Scott's always running, off, doing his own thing.

----------

"We can't just stand around waiting to see if he's okay," I told Stiles.

"I know," he sighed.

I grabbed his hand and began to walk, "Alright. Then let's go."

Stiles looked like he was about to say no, but then he sighed once more, before following behind me. Our walk turned into a steady jog as we made our way across the uneven ground.

We searched the area as we went, trying to find anything that could help. We were about to walk past a hill, when Stiles spotted something beneath it.

"Wait, wait, wait," he said quickly. There was a small hole in the side of the hill, creating a cave of sorts. Stiles crouched down and went inside, before letting me know it was safe to follow.

"It's a den," I told him quietly. "We have to find Scott."

Stiles and I left the den, tracing back to where we had seen Scott. Stiles lead the way, treading the ground lightly in hopes that whatever lived in the den wouldn't hear us.

Bumping into someone, Stiles began to scream, and so did the person he bumped into.

"It's just Scott!" I told him, trying to get them to stop screaming.

Stiles stopped screaming long enough to see that I was right, and then they both quietened down. "Right. Um, Scott, I think we found something."

"I think I found something too," Scott replied after steadying himself.

Stiles and I lead Scott to the location we had been at previously. "It's a coyote den."

"Werecoyote," Scott said as he looked inside.

Stiles crawled further inside and picked up a blue jacket, holding it up. "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

Scott reached out and picked up a teddy bear, turning to us slowly. "We shouldn't be in here."

"What do you mean?"

"She's not going to come back now," Scott explained. "We just invaded her home. Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"Maybe werecoyotes are different to normal coyotes," I shrugged.

"I'm not sure," Stiles said. "But if she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?"

"I don't know," Scott said in disappointment.

"Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?"

Scott thought for a moment before he answered, looking around the den. "Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

"The door's still open," Stiles sighed softly.

I bit my lip, "Okay, then we'll find another way to find her. You don't need to risk it, Scott. Have you had any luck contacting Derek?"

Scott shook his head. "Not yet. If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help." He looked around the den, before turning to Stiles, "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's," Stiles said, completing Scott's thought.

♡♢♤♧

The Sheriff and his team were at the den in no time, scanning the area for anything we may have missed. The Sheriff emerged from the den with a child's blanket.