[13] For Him || Part One

My day begins with waking up and falling with stuffs scattered around my bed --- phone, magazines, charger, laptop and many more. Then I will do my morning rituals, quickly taking a bath, get dressed, read the morning paper and finally grab a cup of coffee.

Looking back, who have thought I would land myself to who I am now? My parents were not really expecting that I would be taking a licensure exam. All these years, they thought that I was getting my Master's Degree in Psychology. But hey, I'm a good secret keeper.

I am Attorney Ana Tatlonghari.

Four years ago.

I always went in the Business Administration building before I go to my class when I was still in college. Not because of anything but because of someone.

Vice was a sophomore when I met him. I was a freshman then filled with desire to find love while struggling through college. He was tall, handsome as hell, almost towering everyone around him; smart, btw,he's a consistent dean's lister, if you ask me.

Anyway, hindi naman ako dakilang stalker. I don't write letters nor send him text messages. Pinagmamasdan ko lang sya kapag merong pagkakataon. I don't know but that's it. Creepy right?

The blank stare.

Out of nowhere, when I was warming up for my P.E class, a ball went straight to me and hit me in the face. I passed out then. I woke up thirty minutes later at the school clinic.

There he was, sitting beside me, with his jet black eyes staring at me --- blankly.

"Huy!" I said as I got up but he was still there, motionless, staring blankly at me.

"Pwede ba, tigilan mo na ako dyan sa pagtitig mo, nakakatakot na yan, seriously." I said as I snapped my fingers in front of his face. That did the trick. He blinked and finally spoke.

"Miss sorry, napalakas ata yung hagis ko ng bola kaya ka natamaan."

"Whoa, so you're the one who knocked me out? Cool. That's a record." I said as I started to put my shoes on. "Anyway, so what's the damage? Arrgh!" I tried to manage a smile but then I realized that my nose hurts as if it was punched by someone.

"I'm sorry for that Miss." He looked apologetically.

"Finally, gising ka na!" The school nurse cheerfully greeted me.

"Yup. I , am, with a.."

"Broken nose. Anyway, the doctor said, you'll be fone. After some checkups and medications, your nose will be.."

"Okay? I hope so. Do I need a surgery?" I started to looked worried.

"No. Actually, your nose just bled dahil sa lakas ng impact but everything's going to be fine." The nurse assured me.

"Perfect." I said. "You Dude, don't be too apologetic. It was just an accident."

"I think I should make it up to you Miss By the way, I'm Vice." He said, reaching out his hand.

Two years later.

Things have changed over time. Not to mention that I grew uninterested with Vice.

"Miss!" A man's voice came from the doorway.

"Hello." I greeted him with my business like voice.

"Hi, hindi ako sigurado if natatandaan mo pa ako but I was the one.."

"Who broke my nose when I was in my first year? I remember you. Vice right?"

"Well,Yes. I was sent here by our college Dean to talk to you."

"Why?" I grew worried. "Any trouble?"

"Nope. It's about the University Quiz Bee everyone's talking about every year." He then explained. "Nakita kita few months ago nung nanalo ka sa General Information Quiz Bee. I was the captain of the campus' team and I would like you to be a part of it."

"Sounds cool to me."

"So,kitakits sa library later?"

"Sure!" I said. "But hey!" I called him back. He spun around to look at me.

"Just don't ever break my nose again." And I smiled.

Stupid dreams and a broken heart.

I just don't really get why on earth people usually fall in love with the person they were with the most of their time. Fast forwardly talking, we fell inlove with each other, end of the story. Why is that so?

The story of my past with Vice ended up not so good. Being the guy in the story, he was always in charge. He plans everything about the dates but he has this nasty habit of deciding only for himself. When he can't make it, he never apologizes, when I don't, he's furious and demands a well constructed apology.

"Kapag naging doctor at naging lawyer tayong dalawa, well going to have a successful life." I just smirked.

"Why?"

"Nothing. Lagi mo kasing sinasabing na magiging tayo hanggang sa huli."

"Oo naman. I do love you, Ana."

"What if I don't want to be who you wanted me to be?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I wanted to be a lawyer, not a doctor."

"Girls don't make good lawyers Ana. Sinusunod nila ang nararamdaman nila, they're reckless inside the court. You're a girl Ana."

"Salamat sa paalala Vice but I'm so sick of you imposing what you want. I have a life of my own!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I am breaking up with you Vice!" I shouted, leaving him in the park, sitting in the bench, crying and broken hearted.

"Ana, akala ko ba you would be going for your MA in Psychology."

"Well, I don't fancy becoming a shrink four or five years from now. Who knows, baka mauna akong mapunta sa mental kesa sa mga pasyente ko."

"Nakakalungkot na you really went for this one."

"Just be happy for me guys. C'mon. I didn't do this to compete with Vice."

First Day.

As expected, law school was tough. Tougher because you really have to study hard for the next day's lesson. Teachers bombard you with unstoppable questions. Every class is like a battle field. Sometimes, I want to give up. Hey, who wouldn't? But this is all I want and this is my passion.

Three years later.

An annulment was the first case given to me by the law office I was working for. Well, I want to win this one.

I met my client on a Sunday Afternoon. She was with her soon to be ex husband and his lawyer. I sat down. I beamed when I set my eyes on the lawyer.

There he was, sitting in front of me, with his jet black eyes peeping through his squared framed glass -- staring blankly at me.

"Good seeing you again, Attorney. Jose Marie Viceral."

Woha! Thanks for the votes guys! ❤ Love lots!

@cascashalo

October 08 2015