Chapter 30: But Come On Girl, I Need To Tell You Now

Lani's POV

*One Month Later*

I laid on the table, holding Andy's hand as we waited for the doctor. He rubbed my belly which had grown quite a bit in only a month.

"Hello Leilani, Andy." My doctor said, walking in and shaking our hands. "My Leilani, you've grown!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, I was surprised too at how fast I was growing."

"Let's take a look at your baby." She said, turning on the machine and squeezing the gel onto my stomach. She moved the transducer around my stomach and smiled. "There's your...oh." She said, her smile dropping.

"What?" I asked, tensing up. I felt Andy squeeze my hand as we waited for the doctor to tell us what she sees. Or what she doesn't see.

"Tell me if you can see what I see." She said, turning the screen towards me. After a minute she reached up to the screen. "One baby, two baby." She said, pointing out the two babies.

"Y-You mean I'm...having twins?"

"Yes you are, which explains why you're growing so big so fast." She said. "Would you like to hear the heartbeats?" She asked and I nodded. She pressed a button and two heartbeats filled the room, tears running down my face as I smiled at Andy. He smiled back, leaning over and kissing my cheek. She printed out the picture and handed it to us along with a towel before leaving.

"Wow." I said, handing the picture to Andy and wiping off my stomach. I sat up and pulled my shirt down. "Twins." I said.

"Yeah." He said, looking at the picture.

"I'm excited."

"Yeah, me too." He said, his voice emotionless.

"Andy, are you okay?"

"Yeah! I'm ecstatic, we're having twins." He smiled.

***

The car ride home was silent. I knew something was bothering Andy but he wasn't telling me. We walked into the house and I sat on the couch.

"I'm going to go take a drive, clear my head."

"Andy, are you okay?"

"I'm fine Lani. This is just a lot to take in."

"Okay." I said.

***

He returned thirty minutes later and went upstairs. I figured I would give him some time alone so I waited for another thirty minutes before going to check on him. I walked up the stairs and into the bedroom. I found Andy passed out on the bed with an empty bottle of whiskey.

"Oh Andy." I sighed. I changed into sleep clothes and then grabbed the empty bottle, walking down the stairs and tossing the bottle. I grabbed the car keys and walked back up the stairs, going into the guest room and hiding the keys. I climbed into the bed and fell asleep, worried about Andy.

*************************************************************************************

Bad Andy! But yay, twins! Genders and names?