Chapter 34: But There's Too Many Things Still In The Way

Andy's POV

I woke up with a serious hangover. My head was pounding and I tried opening my eyes but the sun pouring in through the windows made me close them again. I let out a groan and rolled over, my arm landing on someone. I smiled at the thought of Leilani being by my side and pulled her close to me. I placed my hand on her stomach, expecting to feel a baby bump, but felt nothing. I opened my eyes and saw long, brown, wavy hair. This isn't Leilani. 

I bit my lip, scared of finding out who it was. Whoever it was, I cheated. I was naked and laying in a bed with a strange woman. I pulled my arm away from the mystery woman and scooted away. She turned to face me, her eyes slightly open. I gasped when I saw that familliar face looking at me. The face I had seen for too many years, morning after morning.

"Good morning." She smiled.

"Oh my god." I groaned, laying flat on my back and putting my hands on my face.

"What's wrong? Didn't you have a great night?" She asked, wrapping her arms around me.

"No I didn't! I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing. I-I cheated on my wife!" I exclaimed, sitting up. How am I ever going to tell Leilani that I cheated on her while she's carrying my children. "I-I have to go." I said, getting out of the bed and finding my boxers, slipping them on.

"Andy, baby, wait!" She exclaimed, sitting up, the sheet covering her naked body. I found the rest of my clothes and pulled them on.

"Stay the fuck away from me Juliet." I said, putting on my shoes and running out of the bedroom. I found my keys and ran out of her apartment, finding my car in the parking lot and driving away. Driving to where? I don't know. Just driving. 

I can't go home, there's no point. I can't go to the hospital, I can't face Leilani right now. I can't go to any of my band member's houses because by now, they probably all know I abandoned my wife and child. There's only one place to go. 

I pulled into the parking lot of the liquor store. I parked my car and took the keys out, taking off my seat belt. I put my hand on the door handle, but didn't open the door. I don't know why I couldn't get out of the car. I just needed to drink my problems away, forget any of this ever happened. Maybe if I can forget, none of it would have ever happened.

But I can't. It happened. I fought with my wife, I hurt her. I abandoned her and my children. My babies. I don't just have myself to worry about and care for anymore. I now have Leilani and the twins. I can't just keep getting drunk and avoiding my adult responsibilities. I need to own up to my mistakes. I need to man up and I need to grow up.

Then, I did something I never thought I would. I turned my car back on and pulled out of the parking lot. I began to drive again, having every intention of going to the hospital, but I didn't. Instead, I ended up at the rehab I was at earlier when I first got sober. Before I could take care of my band or my wife or my children, I needed to take care of myself.

I got out of my car and walked in the front doors and up to the front desk.

"I need to check myself in. I'm an alcoholic."

***************************************************************************************

Ooh, what do you think is going to happen?

EmilyC8908 gave me the Juliet idea