Chapter 18: Cassandra Claire Purdy

LANI'S POV

"What is it?" Andy asked as I hung up.

"Gina's in labor." I said. I'm scared for Gina. She's going to raise a special needs child.

"You wanna go?" Andy asked, standing up.

"Not right this second. I have a question to answer." I smirked.

"And...?" Andy asked, dropping back to his knee.

"OF COURSE!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, Lelani. You're the love of my life. I'm so glad you said yes." He said, hugging me tightly before slipping the ring onto my finger and kissing me.

***

We made it to the hospital and I shot Ashley a quick text, hoping he had his phone. He sent me one back, saying he was on his way to come get us. All of a sudden, Ashley rushed out, looking like a mess.

"Andy, you might want to stay here. Gina is in a lot of pain and is yelling at everyone in the room." Ashley advised.

"Noted." He said, sitting down. I followed Ashley back until I heard Gina's screams.

"Gina, look who's here! Lani!" Ashley exclaimed, pushing me into the room in front of him.

"Lani, come here." She cried, holding out her hand. I cautiously walked over, grabbing her hand.

"Kill me now." She said quietly.

"It's almost over Gina. You didn't go through nine months of torture for nothing. In a few hours, you'll have a beautiful baby girl." I said. "You can do it. You have Ashley by your side."

"And your mom's on the way." Ashley added.

"And your mom's on the way." I repeated. "You'll be fine, I promise you. I can't wait to see your beautiful daughter." I smiled, kissing her cheek before standing up.'

"Lani, can you stay in here until my mom get's here?" Gina pleaded.

"Please." Ashley asked me quietly.

"Of course." I smiled, sitting down on the other side of her. I sent a text to Andy and rubbed Gina's back since she helped relieve her pain.

"Gina, we're here with your epidural." A few nurses said, walking in.

"Thank god!" Gina exclaimed. The nursed quickly gave her the medicine and left. Within a few minutes, the effects began to hit Gina. As time went on, she got loopier and loopier.

"I'M ON A CLOUD!" She screamed, Ashley and I laughing.

"Gina!" I heard a woman exclaim.

"Mommy!" Gina exclaimed. I waved to Ashley before quietly slipping out since her mom was there now. I walked back out to the waiting room to see the rest of the guys had arrived along with Gina's dad. I cuddled into Andy's side and played with his fingers, listening to his conversation with CC.

 GINA'S POV 

*A Few Hours Later*

"It's a girl!" The doctor exclaimed as my daughter's cries filled the room. They had Ashley cut the cord and the doctor gasped.

"Oh my." He said quietly.

"What?" I asked, knowing what he was going to say next. Our daughter had down syndrome.

"She's normal." He said with a smile.

"What?" I asked as the nurses cleaned off our daughter, weighed her and wrapped her up. They handed her to me and I smiled down at her beautiful face. Our daughter was perfect and healthy. I looked over at Ashley and he was bawling.

"It's a miracle." Ashley sobbed.

"Hi Cassandra." I said, turning to face my daughter. "I'm your mommy and you're so perfect. I love you so much." I cried, leaning down and kissing her forehead. "Here, you hold her." I smiled at Ashley. He took her with a smile and held her close.

"Hey Cassandra, I'm your daddy and I'm going to spoil you so much. I love so much." Ashley said, still crying. He handed her back to me and wiped his eyes.

"Cassandra Claire Purdy." I smiled, stroking her almost bald head. She looked more like Ashley. She had brown eyes and black hair just like him. Her skin color was like mine, pale and she definitely had the same smile as Ashley.

"Do you want me to bring everyone in?" Ashley asked, his eyes red. I nodded.

LANI'S POV

We all scooted to the edge of our seats when we saw Ashley walk out. He had red, puffy eyes like he'd been crying and was sniffling. But, he had a smile on his face.

"Ashley?" I asked, eager to know how their baby came out. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. She's perfect. She doesn't have down syndrome, she doesn't have a mental disability, she's normal and perfect."

"That's wonderful Ashley." I said with a smile. He brought Gina's parents back first and they returned a few minutes later. Then Ashley took the guys, Andy and I back. I walked in and gasped when I saw Gina holding a pink bundle.

"What did you guys name her?" Jinxx asked.

"Cassandra Claire Purdy." Gina smiled.

"Would you guys like to hold her?" Ashley asked and we all nodded. Ashley grabbed his daughter from Gina and handed her to me. I smiled down at her little face.

"She looks a lot like you Ashley."

"I know." He smiled.

"Hi Cassandra. You have the best parents ever, and you're going to be seeing a lot of me." I giggled before handing her off to Andy.

"Damn man, you're going to have to beat the guys off of her."

"I know." Ashley smirked. "She's going to hate me." He laughed.

LANI'S POV

*A Few Days Later*

Andy and I went over to Gina and Ashley's house to see Cassy. We knocked on the door adn Ashley smiled, letting us in. As we walked in, Gina scowled at me.

"What?" I asked.

"When were you gonna tell me that you are engaged?" She pouted.

"How--?" She pointed to Andy.

"A certain someone posted it on twitter."

"Biersack!!" I exclaimed as I reached for Cassy.

"Guilty." He chuckled, kissing my hceek.

*********************************************************************************************

Listening to Hold On Till May~ Pierce The Veil

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER