Chapter 31: I Know What I've Done Wrong

Lani's POV

I woke up the next morning and Andy was still passed out beside me. I sighed and got up, grabbing some clean clothes and walking into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and stripped from my clothes, climbing in. I let the hot water run over me, de-stressing me.

"I don't know what's wrong with your daddy," I said, rubbing my stomach, "but I hope he fixes himself soon." I said. I finished my shower and got out. I dried myself off and got redressed, walking out of the bathroom.

"Ugh." I heard Andy groan. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of water and some medicine before heading back up the stairs. I walked into the room and placed both on his nightstand. Andy opened his eyes a little bit and looked at me.

"Thanks." He whispered, popping the pills into his mouth and taking a drink of water.

"What happened?" He groaned, holding his head.

"You drank a whole bottle of whiskey and then passed out." I said.

"Fuck, I'm sorry Leilani."He said.

"Why Andy? You were doing so well! You were sober, you were excited, what happened?"

"Drinking is how I deal with my problems."

"Andy, what problems? I thought you were excited about being a father?"

"I lied!" He said and I tried to hold back my tears.

"A-Andy."

"You told me and I was terrified. I composed myself and pretended to be excited when I came out of the bathroom. I saw how upset and scared you were and I didn't want to add to that. Then, the longer it sunk in, the more I got used to the idea. Then, the doctor said we were having twins and I couldn't even pretend anymore. I'm terrified Lani. I can't do this."

"Andy, you don't think I'm terrified? I'm scared shitless! And it doesn't help that my husband decides to just go and get drunk! I can't do that Andrew!"

"I'm not going to make a good father Lani!"

"You don't know that! You are going to be great Andy!"

"I can't handle this." He said and ran downstairs. 

"Where the fuck are you going!" I called, chasing after him.

"I can't do this." He said, going to the front door where we kept the keys. He started looking everywhere for the keys. "Where are the fucking keys!" He exclaimed.

"I hid them. You need to stay sober Andy!"

"I'm not going to drink! I just need to get out of here, now where are the fucking keys!"

"You don't need them Andrew!" He ran over to me and pressed me against the wall, gripping my arm tightly.

"WHERE ARE THE FUCKING KEYS LEILANI!"

"THEY'RE IN MY DRESSER DRAWER!" I cried. He let go of me and ran up the stairs. I ran after him and into the room. My drawer was on the ground and dumped all over the floor. He had the keys and started walking to leave the bedroom.

"Andy, please." I begged.

"Get out of my fucking way." He grumbled, pushing me into the wall and walking out. I groaned and followed him out.

"ANDY!" He looked at me one last time and then walked out. I started running down the stairs but tripped and started to fall. I wrapped my arms around my stomach as I fell down the stairs. I screamed, hoping Andy or someone would hear me. I hit my head on the landing and blacked out.