Chapter 39: I'll Be A Better Man

Lani's POV

I waited outside the front doors of the rehab center with Andy's band. I rubbed my stomach, nervous. Andy was getting released today so we were waiting. I know as soon as he steps out of that building, we are on our own and it's up to him, myself and his band to make sure he doesn't fall back into his bad habits.

I've been coming up here a few times a week to visit with Andy and to attend therapy sessions with him. His therapist set us up with a marriage counselor that we can continue to see after Andy is released. The sessions have definitely helped Andy and I repair our relationship but he still has a long way to go.

The door opened and Andy stepped out, smiling when he saw us. He dropped his stuff and ran to me, grabbing me and hugging me tight. I smiled and gripped his T-Shirt, sobbing into it. After a few minutes, we pulled apart and he greeted the rest of his band. 

"Let's go home." I said and he nodded. Andy and I got into our car while the guys got into theirs. We said bye to the guys and headed home. We drove in silence, the awkwardness in the car strong. We got home and sat on the couch, staring at each other.

"It feels like forever since I've been here." He sighed.

"Well, it's been a month." I said and he nodded. "Come on, I need a nap." I said, standing up and holding out my hand. He grabbed it and I pulled him to his feet. We walked up the stairs and went to our room. We laid down in the bed next to each other and he cuddled me until I fell asleep.