Chapter 9: You're The One That Makes Believe

Lani's POV

*3 weeks later*

"Gina, wake up!" I yelled, shaking her awake.

"Ughhhh, jaihskzhangaauwoi." She groaned, turning away from me.

"Time for your appointment!" She stirred a bit more.

"Fiiiine." She said, sitting up and hanging her legs over the side of the bed. Suddenly, she got up and ran to the bathroom, throwing up. Andy and I were making breakfast for the three of us. Gina's going to get her pregnancy confirmed or not and we're going with her. She is making a big, life changing decision today. Ashley is coming too so this is a big deal for Gina.

***

"Gina, calm down, it's going to be alright," Ashley said squeezing Gina's hand. He showed up barely on time, the doctor is almost back with the results. I came here with Gina just in case.

ASHLEY'S POV

Truth is, I'm not ready to be a dad. But, I got myself into this and I'm not going to abandon my child. I'm not going to be a deadbeat dad. I want to love Gina, I want to love this baby. No matter what Gina decides to do, I will be there for her and support her. I'm not going to let her go through this alone.

GINA'S POV

"Ashley?" I asked, bitting my lip and squeezing his hand. "Please don't leave me with this. Even if I decide not to keep it." I said.

"Gina?" The doctor said as he walked in.

"Yes?" I asked shaking.

"You are indeed pregnant.. But there are some complications." He said firmly.

"Complications?" Ashley asked.

"Yes, we don't know for sure. But your baby might have be born with down syndrome."

"Is there anyway I can get a test?"I asked, running my fingers through my hair.

"Of course right this way." I slid off the bed and followed the doctor to another room. After the tests were all done, the doctor led me back to the room.

"This baby is going to have special needs. Would you like to terminate the pregnancy?" The doctor asked.

"NO!" Ashley yelled quickly. All of a sudden, Ashley stormed out the room.

ANDY'S POV

When we got home, Lani took Gina to the living room to comfort her since she had been crying since Ashley ran out and I can see why. Sometime's Ashley gets scared and just runs, he can't really help it, it's instinct. Ashley isn't responding to Lani's or Gina's texts. I'm going to try to text him. I went into my bedroom and grabbed my phone, sending him a text.

Me~ Band practice. My house. Now.

Ash-hole~ k on my way

LANI'S POV

Gina's crushed, and I can understand why. The father of her child just ran out without warning and she doesn't even know if he still wants to be there for the both of them. I know Ashley does though, he's just scared. He'll come around, I just know it.

I just want to hug her and tell her it's okay but I would be lying. This is going to be harder than hell. She doesn't know what she's going to do.

GINA'S POV

"Hey man." I heard Ashley's voice. I turned to see him standing at the door. Oh God. "where are the guys?"

"Oh, uhm, you're the first one." Andy said as he closed the front door and led Ashley to where we were.

"Really? That's we-what the fuck are you doing here?" Ashley sneered. Awkward silence.

"I was adopted you know... I'm grateful. I had severe ADHD and my "parents" didn't want to deal. Best thing they ever did for me." Lani said breaking the silence. "Just, do what you think is right, Gina. I'll be there for you, even if it's abortion." She said, placing her hand on my shoulder. While Lani was talking, Ashley slowly made his way to the empty spot next to me and sat down.

"I want to go through with an adoption," I said to no one in particular, staring at the floor.

"I want to be there, you know." Ashley said, half looking at me, half looking at the ground.

"I know, Ashley."I said, picking my head up and bit my lip.

"Live with me. I know it's early but you're carrying my baby." He said, his face completely serious.

"Alright." Ashley smiled and pulled me into a tight embrace.

LANI'S POV

The next day, Ashley came over to help Gina move everything from our house to his house. Soon, it was just Andy, Bruce, and I in the house, just like old times.

"Do me a favor, Biersack." I said as we were sitting on the couch.

"What?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Don't get me pregnant until we're ready." I said with a small chuckle.

"Deal! Bruce is enough work." I giggled.

"I love you, you're such a good man." I said, crawling closer to him and kissing his lips.

*****************************************************************************************

Listening to Who Knew~ P!nk and This One's For The Girls~ Martina McBride

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!