Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Lani's POV

*One Month Later*

I laid on the table, gripping onto Andy's hand. I am four months pregnant and I feel gigantic. I had my monthly appointment today and we're able to find out the genders. I am so excited.

Rehab has changed Andy for the better. He hasn't had a drop of alcohol and our relationship is getting stronger. Outside of our marriage counseling, Andy has his own therapist he sees and it's doing him a lot of good. Andy has also gotten more used to the idea of being a father. He rubs my belly all the time and talks to our kids. I always knew he was going to be a great father but now I'm positive.

"Lani! Hello!" My doctor smiled, walking in.

"Hello."

"Andy, I haven't seen you in a while!"

"Yup, but from now on, I am going to be at every appointment." He smiled.

"Well that's good. Let's take a look at your babies now, shall we?" She said, sitting down and turning on the machine. She poured the gel on my stomach and moved the transducer around. "There is Baby A and Baby B." She smiled, pointing out the babies on the screen. I smiled and grabbed Andy's hand tighter. "Would you like to know the genders?" She asked and we nodded. She looked around a bit more and then smiled at us.

"You two are having two baby girls. Congratulations." She smiled, flipping a switch so the heartbeat sounded throughout the room. I looked at Andy and he smiled, tears in his eyes. She pressed a button and the machine spat out a picture and she handed it to us, along with a towel to wipe off my stomach. She left and I wiped off my belly, sitting up.

I looked over at Andy and his smile was stretched across his face as he looked down at the black and white photos.

"Andy." I said and he looked up, wiping the tears off of his cheeks.

"I'm so happy." He smiled as I got back onto the ground. He stood up and hugged me tightly, gripping my face and kissing me. He intertwined his fingers with mine and we walked out to our car.

"So, what are we going to name them?" I asked as we drove back home. All of a sudden, his face drained of it's color. "You okay?"

"Oh god. What are we going to name them? This is a really big decision Lani. Oh g-"

"Andy, babe, calm down." I said, grabbing his free hand and rubbing my thumb across the back of it. "It's okay. We have five months to figure it out. Okay?"

"Okay." He said, taking a few deep breaths.

"How about I name one and you name the other?"

"Sounds good." He smiled.