Chapter 20: Introduction To Parenting

Lani's POV

We moved into our new house and I was in love. We were only using a few of the rooms out of the many that were in the house. The master bedroom was of course for Andy and I, one room was for Andy's 'office' and one was his music room where he kept all of his instruments and awards.

"Lani! Phone for you!" Andy called. I ran down the stairs and grabbed the phone from him.

"Hello?"

"Leilani, I need your help." My adoptive mother said.

"What is it?"

"It's Kai, I don't know what to do anymore."

"What's wrong?"

"She's totally changed. I don't know what happened. She's gotten ISS nine times and suspended twice. She stays out way past curfew, she failing all of her classes, ditching most of them and talks back to me. If she gets ISS one more time, she'll go to the Opportunity Center for four months."

"Well, what do you want me to do?"

"Maybe, could you take her in? I feel like moving to a new district, a new school, will be good for her and get her on the right track."

"I'll talk to Andy and I'll call you back, alright?"

"Thank you so much Lani."

"No problem." I said and hung up.

"So, what's going on?"

"Kai's rebelling. She's getting in trouble at school and home, long story. But anyway, she asked us if Kai could move in with us, see if changing schools will do anything."

"I don't know Lani."

"Come on Andy! We have plenty of room in this house, we live in a mansion for god sakes! She'll probably only be living with us for the rest of the school year, we just need to help her get back on track. Just think of it as an introduction to parenting."

"Introduction to parenting?" He just laughed.

"Come on Andy!"

"Fine, fine. But if she get's in trouble here, you're taking of it."

"Definitely, thank you." I said, kissing his lips and grabbing the phone again.

***************************************************************************************************

Listening to Potential Breakup Song~ Aly & AJ

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER